1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

6DOF FSX

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Atomic_Sheep, May 19, 2010.

1. Atomic_Sheep

Atomic_Sheep New Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is this the latest one?

post20435.html?hilit=workshop#p20435

I d/l that one and tried it... it's working... that's what I get for always thinking the bigger file is always more superior.

And obviously if I want to have another computer other than my gaming computer to do all the maths and control the platform... then I need to sue the Community edition and everything should work?

I did try to log through X-Sim just then again but it's not working yet... I'll try to figure out why this is tomorrow, I'm probably overlooking something as simple as the last fact, but need some sleep in the mean time.

Thanks for all the help to get me this far.
  2. Atomic_Sheep

Atomic_Sheep New Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well it looks like I'm getting a constant stream of data from sender now without any problems as might have been expected. However, I'm still unable to get any data when I Start Logging under Output Setup. I assign the full path which ends with

X-Sim\MyLogs\ultralightdefault.csv

I then select the Force-Sender input data once it's connected and I can see figures updating in Input-Setup and if I'm in the folder of the assigned path and I've deleted the .csv file with the name that I've assigned... as soon as I click Start Logging, a new file with the name specified is created but it remains at just 1kb with no data being written. The names of the Force-Sender input data are input as they can be seen in the Resulting CSV Logfile Structure, but no values are added as I fly around.

Attached Files:

3. Atomic_Sheep

Atomic_Sheep New Member

Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I see, I thought that you could log the force sender outputs directly. Time to start figuring out the maths.

Thanks