1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

6dof dc 24v smolka zigzag49

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by zigzag49, Oct 13, 2015.

1. zigzag49

zigzag49 Active Member

Balance:
    705Coins
    Ratings:
    +220 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    For the simulator in its current configuration, I do not ais need more powerful it asser cup my vertebrae:grin
    The day I will change it will be for another project;)
    • Like Like x 2
  2. mirxtrem

mirxtrem mirxtrem.apps

Electrical engineering student
    Balance:
    312Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Amazing work, i lked because is very compact.
    Congrats
  3. zigzag49

zigzag49 Active Member

Balance:
    705Coins
    Ratings:
    +220 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
  4. Fluke

Fluke Member

Balance:
    822Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Just read through this thread. Fantastic and very compact design.
  5. Fluke

Fluke Member

Balance:
    822Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I am thinking of building something similar in design however I want to be able to lift and move about 170kg and build it using 350w motors and use steel instead of aluminium.

Would 350w motors be able to lift and move that sort of weight. Here are the motors I was thinking about using.

Reference MOT350W

Engine 350w 3000 rpm

Torque output motor 1,1NM

Reducer with oil bath, ratio of 50

Output torque 40NM

Speed 60 rpm

https://simukit.com/moteurs/8-moteur-350w.html
  6. Wanegain

Wanegain Active Member

Balance:
    1,946Coins
    Ratings:
    +297 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF
    If you use springs it can be done easily. It also depends on the lenght of your cranks.
    With only 3 motors and 3 springs there is almost 160kg on this one (cranks are 60mm) :
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    Nice video - lots of smiling faces :thumbs. The following is just for info and something to be aware of when building a 'simulator'. if you use springs be aware that just like a car they will introduce oscillations/unwanted movement at certain (normally high) speeds which causes the simulator to not move in a realistic manner Ie. Not tracking the data that was actually sent from the computer. Just like a car these can be tamed with dampeners - unfortunately installing dampeners also bring their own issues - which I'm very aware of as I originally used them on my simulator and later removed. Not trying to knock anyone's build - just trying to educate the community that using springs also comes with disadvantages, not just the advantage of offsetting load.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. zigzag49

zigzag49 Active Member

Balance:
    705Coins
    Ratings:
    +220 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    For a 3 dof in view of the capacity of the engines and the weight to be loaded with the inertia, springs are a necessary security. For a dof not obligatory, how much do you plan to axes?
  9. Fluke

Fluke Member

Balance:
    822Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Will springs really be necessary for a 6 dof using the 350w motors I mentioned above?
  10. Wanegain

Wanegain Active Member

Balance:
    1,946Coins
    Ratings:
    +297 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF
    We never took the time to do a six dof but normally the springs will not be essential although advised (at least 3).

I agree with you @SeatTime, no matter what you are going to add to help motors this will involve unwanted effects. But with a properly configured PID you can greatly decrease these effects and do not feel them what is most important :thumbs
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. marcusbeche

marcusbeche New Member

Balance:
    424Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congrats, @zigzag49 !
    What a great project!