1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom 4DOF SRT 80

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by vthinsel, Jan 29, 2024.

1. vthinsel

vthinsel Well-Known Member

Balance:
    5,986Coins
    Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 4DOF
    Hello !

Some month ago I decided to rework my rig, and the decision was taken to move away from Prosimu 3DOF to a more DIY solution, to get a rig more steady and also embrace the 4 DOF journey.
    After some research and hints from the community, I decided to go for the SRT80 approach instead of the openfSFX100, and for a full aluminium rig based on the Pixel Sim Rig you can see at Dold Mechatronik (which I recommend for great profiles, very nice and reactive sales guys).
    For the SRT80, I followed the @Lebois way fully, except for the controller as I went for the great work done by @cubexxx and @d4m (thanks for the shield you kindly provided me !)

Here are some pics of the mechanical parts and assembly:
    One actuator about to be assembled:
    [​IMG]

Drivers configured and ready for some action !
    [​IMG]

The fantastic 4:
    [​IMG]

First tests:
    [​IMG]

Power supply and arduino mega:
    [​IMG]

As a side note, I'm using only one filter and a set of wago and printed holder. I'll check power consumption at full load to see if the filter is fine or if I need to separate the power lines. So far, so good : no earth issues/grounding or loops anyway.

And the rig with the actuators :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (yes, it is the furry cat's tail you can see in the seat....)

[​IMG]

(and yes, the cat didn't stay very long when the rig started to move :p)

A short video covering simtools setup for Gran Turismo 7 on PS5 (do not judge my driving skills ;)):

Next steps:
    • arrange everything in a nice cabinet/rack. BTW, would any of you have a reference for an affordable one, that could hold from 4 to 6 drivers ?
    • traction loss, following @Lebois way once more
    • rework shield from @d4m , I have fired-up Kicad again... old memories.....
    • belt tensioner maybe as well one day (explaining the 6 drivers in the rack in point 1 above)

Some links:
    Pixel Sim Rig 1.2 - aluminum profiles and connectors, 469,00 € (dold-mechatronik.de)
    GitHub - ehmotion/eh-msc-4dof: 4 channel servo controller code for Arduino Mega 2560 for AASD-15A and similar motor driver
    Game Plugin (simtools.us)
    Vérins SRT80 pour simulateur de mouvements - Lebois Racing (lebois-racing.fr)

Cheers !
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
  2. dryas123

dryas123 New Member

Balance:
    - 138Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hey,

great work! Do you have bought the kit from AliExpress or do you sourced the parts by yourself? I'm looking for a source of the SFU with the special nut that it used by the SRT80 and can't find a good source. Any links welcome.

Best,

Ben
  3. vthinsel

vthinsel Well-Known Member

Balance:
    5,986Coins
    Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 4DOF
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2024