1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

360 SIM

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by FRJO, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    You must have gone to the wrong engineering school. In civil world, a company selling a product that kills or hurts it's buyers will be sued out of their own pants. :yes: Then there will be no more product, or company.

And putting up safety net on one side is not enough. Putting up safety net on all sides still leaves hair to be caught, and also the legs to go out the sides. The cockpit has to be fully enclosed. I'm sure all these issues will be resolved because it would be very silly to kill a project like this due to injury lawsuits.
  2. gsffair

gsffair New Member

Balance:
    - 150Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello my friends,

I'm one of the builders of the beast (we call BSmotion)... Thank you for your comments!

I'll try to answer all the questions you had:

1) Yes, we proudly use x-sim!

2) Sorry for not getting back to you about our fully working sim, but we had a topic a while ago showing the current state (at the time)... But just for cars.

3) Safety is one of our main concerns, be sure... At campus party we didn't open to the WHOLE public, just press and people working on the organization or our friends... We know it wasn't 100% safe, still isn't, but with some good talking (and I mean scary talking) before riding, it's quite safe... Our main concern is arms and legs inside the vehicle, the mechanics are all hyper dimensioned! We are working on a fiber glass sealing ... For now, as you could see, we used a racing net, that's almost secure.

4) The motor probably would cut a arm lol... But it's not easy as it's sounds to put your arm on the black tube, it's quite far... We think, if someone (crazy enough) tried that, it would slip instead... but, it's a problem we are facing and solving...

5) And hey! that girl is my girlfriend! It was her first time on our sim...

6) In regard to the motion... As we didn't have time, we just used the airplane absolute position, no forces were used, and it's quite amazing how people didn't notice. We had professional pilots, even a militar jet pilot, and all the people had a great time... We don't even need to mention the general public, they loved!

7) Please, feel free to comment, ask, dislike... we are very grateful to this community, even if I'm not a great poster, I learned lots (and had lots of fun) with you, I started building a Thanos design (thanks again thanos!)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44PU8cZSt_c

Oh, sorry for my english!
  3. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the comment! Keep up the good work and keep us posted with your progress if you can.

And say Hello to your girlfriend! :)
  4. FRJO

FRJO New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :thx: ! really good job .
  5. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5

Fantástico trabalho! Ficou muito eficiente, e compacto ao mesmo tempo.
    Realmente ficou muito bacana o produto final.

Não se preocupe com os comentários do pessoal criticando a segurança antes de elogiar o que o projeto tem de bom, típico do povo com dor de cotovelo! Kkkkk

Me fala uma coisa, vcs vão comercializar o produto mesmo ou será apenas para demonstração?

Qdo eu estiver no Brasil, teria como testar essa maquina?

Abraço,

Erick
  6. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Frakk,

Nothing personal, but you clearly did not get the msg! :?

Cheers,

Erick
  7. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
  8. gsffair

gsffair New Member

Balance:
    - 150Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Olá Erick, vamos falar em inglês pra que o pessoal possa nos entender... odeio ver os caras falando em alemão hehe..

At first we intend to rent it, then, MAYBE, sell it. We are not sure yet...

If you come to Brazil you'll be more then welcomed to test it for yourself. Just send me a PM and we can figure it out how will do it...
  9. MasterYoda

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Opa! Blz... Vou te falar que fico puto com isso tbém! Kkkkkk

I will let you know next time I go to Brazil! :)

Cheers,

Erick
  10. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    very good effort..how much its cost? that would be great if you add more DOF :brows:
  11. gsffair

gsffair New Member

Balance:
    - 150Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thank you! We plan adding one more dof very soon.

We dont have a price yet, because it isnt for sale... How much do you think it would be a fair price? Considering fully functional and fully secure!