1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

2DOF with Fans (Uno & MM)

Discussion in 'SimTools Pro & Entertainment Version' started by MyTPioneer, Feb 16, 2017.

1. MyTPioneer

MyTPioneer New Member Gold Contributor

Database Developer
    Balance:
    301Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Thanks again @yobuddy. We already went through that however on 3/24/17 (previous post in this thread). The virtual output sends the correct speed values to the virtual output window as expected. Nothing ever appears in the serial output however.
  2. MyTPioneer

Database Developer
    Balance:
    301Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    @yobuddy Do you have any more thoughts on what I might be missing? Again, it seems that everything is working as expected other than the actual Serial Output from Game Dash to the Arduino. Virtual Output works fine.....

Thanks again for all of your help.
  3. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,162Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    The incoming data to the ard is just a string of the Speed value.
    Your padding to 3 and the car rarely goes 1000 mph (even with speed * 5) , so your 4th bit is never set?

I would have to study your ard sketch to know for sure.
    But try changing Pad to 4 ( Pad 4 0)
    Then add a ToChr command on the end of the edits for that Dash output.
    See if that works.
    yobuddy
  4. MyTPioneer

Database Developer
    Balance:
    301Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Still no luck I'm afraid. I've even tried using the 'Network' output type instead and setting up my arduino as an ethernet server. It still is not receiving any data from Game Dash. Again, it's as if Game Dash is not sending any output other than to the virtual window. I've tried looking at my firewall settings and disabling virus software as well, but again, nothing.

Can you show me an example of where you think I should include a ToChr?

Thanks again!
  5. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,162Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    @MyTPioneer It looks like your sending a string to your Arduino, but trying to read it like it was a binary value?