1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

2DOF wiper motor sim, continuing.

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by bsft, Feb 27, 2011.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: 2DOF wiper motor sim frex.

got the frex setup going, just need to add some more forces and fiddle with the settings.
    My camera is kaput so a friend of mine took a vid and I am using his youtube link.
    My older boy playing dirt2
    http://www.youtube.com/user/gavinthebad ... LCNLODbwmE

Thanks to the badger for his video links, me in action. Dirt3
    http://www.youtube.com/user/gavinthebad ... bLIN-6oi74
    And the legend badger himself having a go on Dirt3
    http://www.youtube.com/user/gavinthebad ... eH9q-VRwB0
  2. quadie

quadie New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    bsft , will have to drop in and meet u next time im down syd way ,
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sure thing! Drop us a PM if you are planning.
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just some updated photos of the current sim build.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Various shots underneath showing the 2 psu, the sub and uni joint setup. One photo of the monitor stand which sit just behind the steering wheel and over the pedals for a good FOV.
    I need a 6 way power board for this thing. The plug board is full!
    Always a work in progress, but now at least I can plug and play.
  5. Houdiniact

Houdiniact Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Sir great job on the sims!! I have a question. Which setup did you like better? The joyrider style or the frex style? I can't decide which one to go with. I'm going to be playing iracing on it if that makes a difference. Thanks :) Also is there a specific type of wiper motor you suggest? Are some stronger than others or more reliable?
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I have no real favorite. The joyrider was a good set up but rather large and the screen on it made fairly intense gaming with the screen moving with you. Also my joyrider does not move in range of motion as much as traditional styles (you can use it for flight sim). It had good motion. Basically it was a development rig for me to start something with. I plan to build another joyrider setup in time.
    The frex is more compact and the screen stays static. For myself I found gameplay about the same. The frex is slightly different feel in motion as the roll is not really side to side, but dips slightly. Doesn't make a real difference to me though.
    The wiper motors are nothing special. Try looking for second hand units from a medium to large family car/4x4/van. The main key is weight balance. If you get that right, even a hamster on a tread mill will move you.
    I do not play iracing as I do not have much time for online action.
    Cheers, David.
  7. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  8. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just gave the sim that lives in the garage a freshen up. I found a second hand racing seat, gave it a paint, made a mount for the rear speakers. I am looking for harness inserts where the original ones are missing, I will probably make something up. My plan is to use the same jrk's and power supply as I use for my inside sim. It will be just a matter of plugging it in, re-adjusting the feedback and away we race!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  10. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I made some inserts for the seat where the harness feeds through. To make it look a bit tidier .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]