1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

2dof-wiper-motor-car-simulator-by-DERIY-(SATO)

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by DERIY, Apr 26, 2010.

1. DERIY

DERIY Member

Balance:
    - 52Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Thanos recommended car battery, because it can provide very high amperage.
    My wiper motors consume a small amperage.
    About 10 amperes.
    My h-bridge working fine.
    Therefore, you can use any power supply that can provide the necessary amperage (10-15 amps) and voltage ( 12- 16Volt).
    But first you must still know what amperage consume your engines.
  2. Hdale85

Hdale85 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What if you made it a sort of small 3DOF setup and used 3 wiper motors? Do you think it could simulate traction loss and what not?
  3. akina

akina New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why not?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think, you can will see my project finish in January only, because the controller is not ready now.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2013
  4. DERIY

DERIY Member

Balance:
    - 52Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I want to see the work of this simulator with a real load.
    Something around 80 - 100kg.
  5. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The Wipermotors will not be able to move this sim with load, i am pretty sure. Also suggest Akina make a topic for his project!
  6. akina

akina New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  7. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello Deriy.

Could you show the version and setup of x-sim software you use for your sim. If you just take some screen-captures of the apps in profiler as input, output math etc). That would be very useful for people like me thats building something similar with the same hardware (Thanos).

Fred
  8. DERIY

DERIY Member

Balance:
    - 52Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
  9. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey Deriy. I have tried some of the profiles you posted, but I have some problems. Have a look here post27111.html I am happy if you are able to help!
  10. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello Deriy. Where do you buy the ball bearing linked rods? What are they usually used for?
  11. vulbas

vulbas Active Member

Balance:
    1,096Coins
    Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    do you remember this video ?
    what do you think of this ? not for me because i use a ac motor :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R50re8i82Y
  12. DERIY

DERIY Member

Balance:
    - 52Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Нello Fredspeed!
    I bought the bearings in the store. http://www.fbj-bearings.com/bearing.asp?id=24
    Choose Rod-End in Bearings Name, and Click on the GO and download the catalog.
    I used ball bearing SERIES PHS 10 R.

Yes, I remember this video.
    Seen it before I started designing my simulator.
    A good idea to use a spring to assist motors
    move 3dof simulator.

Here's another simulator.
    I really like his design.
    Amplitude just incredible.
    Instead of spring it uses rubber bands.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfI-_RTExBc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APY7eAnk2CA&feature=related
  13. phindar

phindar New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what kind of electronic board u using to control the wiper motors ? as i like your design and looking at building this design myself,so i'm new to the motion sim's and electronics so any help would be greatly appreciated
  14. DERIY

DERIY Member

Balance:
    - 52Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
  15. theother5

theother5 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great for the seat designs and overall great solution. Have has something similar in mind for a while but you've lead the way here. .... Outstanding work. Thanks for sharing.
  16. JAlford627

JAlford627 USAF

Dentist- Now: Former USAF Jet Pilot Instructor
    Balance:
    590Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dear Deriy,
    My name is Terry Alford and I've been trying to find a way to build a full motion sim without spending a lot of money. Your system as presented here in X-sim is fantastic and seems perfect for my project. Are you planning to provide plans for your platform. I would like to build a 3 large screen projector display in my Garage where I can fly realistically with todays software programs and some kind of full motion platform. Additionally I have already built the Gaming computer and loaded Microsoft Flight Sim- X, Falcon 4.0 Allied Force and Proflight Sim. I have a Saitek X52 Joystick and Throttle and Rudder pedals. I live in Florida and I get a lot of my items from Craigslist which is a on line platform for selling items. Since we have a lot of OLD People including myself, we see a lot of stuff for sale. So far I've spent less than $500.00 for everything. The only thing I'm missing is the Chair and motion Platform. I am very computer knowledgeable and a good handyman but I don't know a thing about the platform mechanics and interface software and how to integrate it into my operation . Please let me know if you are willing to share your knowledge. You really deserve to get a Pat on the back for your project. I've been searching the Net for months looking for a Home Method that would be fun and affordable.
    Thanks Again for sharing your project.
    Terry Alford
    Former USAF Jet Pilot Instructor and Examiner
    CFI, CFII
    SEL, MEL Comm
    ASC , EAA Instructor Examiner
    USPPA Administrator Examiner
  17. DERIY

DERIY Member

Balance:
    - 52Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Hi Terry!
    I will be glad to share information about my simulator.
    Although in its design, I do not see anything special.
    Just changed the layout engine.
    I believe that the greatest merit belongs to Thanos.
    Without his controller, I could not make my simulator.
  18. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Terry and welcome! This should be in the New Members thread, but its OK! :)

You are in the right place to build a cheap(er) simulator. You can find many ideas and technical information on this forum.

Some word of advise for you:
    -Look around for different types of moving platforms. Some are better for racing simulation, some are better for flight. Deriy's seat is excellent, however you might find a joyrider or gimbal style simulator more suitable for flight simulation due to higher pitch/roll angles. With a smart and balanced construction you can have a triple monitor moving with you in a fully enclosed cockpit.

-X-Sim will take care of the interfacing between hardware and software. Get familiar with it because you will be using it a lot! The manual is a great start and the forum has lots of info on it too. The GUI is organized in a logical order and IMO is straight forward.

-If you are good at electronics, soldering, building PCB's, and troubleshooting, you will find more information about Thanos' AMC controller that can be used with brushed DC motors.

-If you are looking for a more out of the box electronic solution I recommend you to check out the Pololu jrk 12v12 topics here.

Good luck!
  19. gaf00tas

gaf00tas New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Deriy , I have already built my sim, thanks to your ideas, I need the profiles for x.sim sender and the profiler, You can send me yours? Thanks Fidelware@gmail.com
  20. peruchito

peruchito New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    Great Fantastic work .....!
    I have one doubts.
    That measured they have the interior of ROD END?
    M8, M10?
    Thank you very much.