1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

2DOF Simulator for sale in Chicago Area - $2000

Discussion in 'Marketspace - Marktplatz' started by drecupido, Jan 16, 2024.

1. drecupido

drecupido New Member

Balance:
    172Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I'm selling my racing simulator that I made a few years ago. I'm a mechanical engineer and designed it out of plywood in SolidWorks (I'll give you the files). I built it out of cabinet-grade plywood and coated it with a rubberized coating, Every part that is needed is already mounted and ready for wiring. Main electronics box is has all parts installed. All it needs is the wiring and programming to finish. I have wiring schematics that I created for it, but never dug into the programming. I was going to replace the wooden frame with aluminum extrusion when I validated everything. I believe all of the design is in the documentation package. It does not come with the installed shifter, seat rumbler and PC that are shown in the pictures and I won't part it out.

Photos and videos at: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ATyDDpUScT23aB8R6

Here's what I'm selling:

• Full wooden platform with monitor stands and molded plastic seat mounted on a universal joint
    • 3- ASUS MG248Q Monitors. They all are perfect and I have the stands and one box with documentation
    • Thrustmaster T300 RS force-feedback wheel and pedals
    • Bose speakers
    • 1st Gen Oculus headset. I think it works pretty well and doesn't make me sick.
    • 2- 50:1 Gearmotors with all motor mounts and actuators already built. I have designed in pins that have motion- disable switches on them to convert it to a static setup. I have sheet-metal housings for the motors with sliding covers to prevent pinch points for kids.
    • All electronics mounted in a NEMA housing. At the time (3-years ago), I bought all of the components based on the best-known design at the time. Most of the electronics are mounted on DIN rails with a separate fuse box for the DC. Honestly, I don't remember all of the specs on the electronic parts, but I can get details if you need them.
    • Key switch on the main electronics box
    • 22mm E-Stop mounted on "dash"
    • Blige blower mounted under the "dash"
    • Pedals are adjustable front-to-back and up and down. It has accommodated a 5-year old to my 6'4" dad
  2. tadek

tadek Active Member

Balance:
    480Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi
    Can you post some photos?
    best regards