1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

2dof simple wipermotor chair by ua6aak

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by ua6aak, Jun 18, 2010.

1. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I like the construction, simple and effective. I have a couple of question:

Hov does this motion effect the visual experience. I believe it looks like the steering-wheel is jumping up and dovn inside the car? Espesially if you use the in-car view?

I believe you have balanced it well, but I guess there is more stress on motor and h-bridge?

Will there be a big difference if you only have 12v powersupply (thats what`s my option is)

Anyway, You have buildt a nice furniture with high WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) :cheers:

Regards Fred
  2. fermevc

fermevc Member

Networking and telecomunication
    Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Awesome job IMO :clap:
    And I couldn't agree more with fredspeed about WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) :thbup:
  3. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Good job!

How does this setup (moving wheel and pedals with seat) compare to the previous one where only the seat moves?

Which one do you feel more realistic over all? Does it worth the extra stress on the motors to move everything?
  4. ua6aak

ua6aak New Member

Balance:
    470Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Motion platform
    Thank you, friends!
    I can not say for sure what setup is more realistic. Feelings have changed, but did not become significantly better. I think that both the setup has its advantages and disadvantages and have the right to exist.
    About more stress on motor and h-bridge. Design is easy to balance. Despite the increase in mass, the motors have enough power reserve. Reducing the supply voltage to 12 volts should not significantly affect the speed. But I think it is better to increase the supply voltage to 15 - 16 volts.
  5. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    That was very useful information! This means it is not worth it to increase the load (and work) making the wheel and pedals move with the seat (I planned to do that). i think it would be an idea to put the first version inside a joyrider-rig. that is my plan if i come as far as you ua6aak. then we can get the fast movements from this (respons to rumbels etc.) and more g-force that joyrider gives. If you make another set of h-bridge with motors, and make good construction I think it might be posible! agree? you might strugle with the WAF though :D (My head is full of ideas, but my scheduler is full of to-do`s ;P )

Fred
  6. Cri54

Cri54 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi ua6aak, congratulation for your simulator, My name is Daniele and i come from Italy, i wish to do something like your 2DOF. I'think it's not so difficult tu build with your method and used your misures. How car mount the right wiper motor? Can i buy it online?
    What i need to connect the motor with the pc? Thanks in advance. Bye Bye
  7. micma80

micma80 Member

Balance:
    548Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Hi ua6aak, hi all! I'm Michele from Italy
    Congratulations! Your sim is very interesting, I'd be interested in building my sim with the controller MOTM3 Solutions Cubed, I saw that in your project uses potentiometer as an encoder, I know what type they are and how they are interfaced with servo - motor and controller ? (There is someone who has already used the MOTM3 with this solution?) Thank you very much,
    ps Thank you all for your valuable contribution, this forum is amazing, sorry for my English very educational!
  8. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    @ua6aak

Well done! :thbup:

Your platform has quite a lot movement range. Because of that, the display should preferrably be connected to the platform as well. But I guess this could be too much stress on the motors perhaps. Did you try already?

In the other configuration, as seat mover only, the range of movement should be restricted a little imho, as it becomes unrealistic to move that much in relation to the wheel and pedals IMO.

The wiper motors seem pretty strong in your setup.

Regards
  9. ua6aak

ua6aak New Member

Balance:
    470Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I think it will complicate the construction. I would like to keep it extremely simple.
  10. micma80

micma80 Member

Balance:
    548Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    hi, if you would like to know which version of Tronic's AMC and DSMhb you used in your project, unfortunately, there are several forums on the review dates, you could post a link to the PCB that you used? thanks
    regards
    micma80
  11. ua6aak

ua6aak New Member

Balance:
    470Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    PCB that I used:
    http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/tronics-amc-motor-motion-controller-with-pwm-servo-output.559/
    http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/tronics-diy-dual-mosfet-h-bridge-dsmhb.820/
    firmware [old link, removed by admin] for crystal 14.318 MHz.
    In the board of the H-bridge must be connected - the power supply to 74HC08 pin 7.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
  12. micma80

micma80 Member

Balance:
    548Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    @ua6aak
    excellent, the information I was looking for, thanks!
    micma80
  13. gaf00tas

gaf00tas New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi I have already built my sim, thanks to your ideas, I need the profiles for x.sim sender and the profiler, You can send me yours? Thanks Fidelware@gmail.com
  14. ua6aak

ua6aak New Member

Balance:
    470Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I use the profile to Race07 ua6aak_Race07.rn2
    for Richard Burns Rally ua6aak_RBR.rn2
    And another video installation feedback potentiometer in middle position. Powered only AMC and H-bridge, COM-port is disconnected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5zOBe__97U
  15. ua6aak

ua6aak New Member

Balance:
    470Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Note about my profiles. AMC must be in JoyR mode (3rd DIP switch in OFF position)!
  16. micma80

micma80 Member

Balance:
    548Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    hi ua6aak, I read your last post and I do not understand why you use the setting joyr when your sim is more like a SFGT. Are not well documented on AMC1.5 (the operations of the maximum I understand, now I have to study better!).
    with the approach JOYR the AMC does not mix the axes x, y inside, however X-sim2 mixture axes.
    is that right?
    thanks
  17. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    That is right micma.
  18. ua6aak

ua6aak New Member

Balance:
    470Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi, everyone!
    Again, a slight modification of my sim. Now a little more realistic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcXmPXj0fus

P3272710b.jpg
  19. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey thats a nifty piece of work there! Well done! :)
  20. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Good idea! :)