1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

2DOF Motion Seat School Project

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by RGS-Furtwangen, Feb 3, 2022.

1. RGS-Furtwangen

RGS-Furtwangen New Member

School
    Balance:
    204Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    No, we don't have any other motors, ours already have 350W. That should normally be enough.
    Our only problem was that our set-up was much too heavy.

But with our conversion, it should work now.

Motor Performance data:

power output: 350 W / 24 V

rated current: 24V: <=18,7 A

rated speed (rpm): 330 +/- 5 %

max. speed (rpm): 400 +/- 5 %

current without load: <= 2,2 A

rated torque: 10,8 Nm +/- 5 %

transmission: chain sprocket (9 teeth, pitch 1/2“=12,7 mm, thickness 3mm), exchangeable

shaft: diameter 11 mm; groove and tongue

transmission ratio: 88:9 = 9,8:1

efficiency: >=78%

weight: 2,9 KG
  2. RGS-Furtwangen

School
    Balance:
    204Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    we have finally made it:

• Like Like x 1
  3. RGS-Furtwangen

School
    Balance:
    204Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hey there guys,
    we ran into another small problem, the power supply we used for the motors until now died on us. So we are looking for a new one (we were looking through some threads in the forums but without any luck so far, if you have any tipps on what's the best way to search through the forums for a specific thing we would be greatful for any advice) we were using a LEDMO/MEISHILE(not sure about the manufacturer) S-500-24 24V 20A PSU. It would be great if you could give us some reccomendations for the new power supply.
    Thanks in advance
  4. Gadget999

Gadget999 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    11,610Coins
    Ratings:
    +458 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    use a battery to buffer the power ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RGS-Furtwangen

School
    Balance:
    204Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hey guys!

We were working on the power supplys today, and tried to get them to work with new Transistors, but it resuted in a defeat... PSU 2:0 3BFE3.

We are going to get new ones soon, but in the meantime, we finished the plan with the 3. motor, which allows us to recline the backrest backwards and forwards. (Plan is uploaded as a PDF aswell)

lkjhgfd.png

We are also going to use a diffenrent control cabinet layout for the arduino and the H-Bridges. We are going to build in a different set of connectors, to make the whole setup a little more flexible.

We also wanted to ask if the Motion Scaling is implemented into the programm, because we would like to build in that feature in our switch box.

Have a nice day!

-3BFE3

Attached Files:

6. RGS-Furtwangen

School
    Balance:
    204Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hello friends!

its been quite some time since the last update, so here we go!

We decided to put all PSU´s in a single box, and keep everything else in a different controll box. It will roughly look like this, 3 PSUs next to eachother, and the green pointers show the airflow that we have. We put 3 different fans into the box (2 intake,1 outtake), and 3 are already built into the PSU´s. That should be enough to keep the box cool. We needed to design a seperate voltage regulator that takes the 24V from the PSU, and transfers it into 12V, so we can supply the fans. Out current problem is that the voltage regulator is getting too hot, but that sould be an easy-solve with few heat dissipating bodies.

upload_2022-12-1_10-7-53.png

In the other box, we will have our H-Bridges, Arduino, an another voltage regulator and a termnal strip for the connections with the motors and the PSU´s. We decided to use 3 smaller fans to cool the H-Bridges just to be on the safe side, but it seems like that we have the same heat problem on our voltage regulator in out controll box,because we are going to put 2 LED strips on the side of the case. Because, why not. LED everything.

upload_2022-12-1_10-16-22.png

Drive fast and stay safe!

-3BFE3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. fabrizio1203

fabrizio1203 Member

Balance:
    - 7Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    I guess you are going to add a couple of air extraction fans to the boxes and some slots to let cool air in, I'm learning that electronic boards can heat up pretty fast
  8. RGS-Furtwangen

School
    Balance:
    204Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hello Dear Drivers!

To celebrate the 1 Year on this forum, we have some progress to show you, that we made in the last couple of months!

So, we redisgned the PSU Box, and built it just like we showed you in the last post. We took 3 PSUs, optimized cooling with 3 Fans, our 12V Voltage regulators are not getting too hot, and we added some fuzes for the each Motor, just in case if anything unexpected happens, so we dont damage the Motors(Picture 1). We also added some 22mF capacitors parallel to each Power supply, so we can stabilaze the output voltage a little more (Picture 2). At the moment, we are at the stage of Troubleshooing the PSU, because when we plugged it in for the 1st time, something popped inside, and we are not sure what the problem is yet. We hope that its the 12V Voltage regulator, but we are not sure yet. We are measuring all the Voltage and Current values, to figure out what exacly happend.

P.S. Just as we wrote this, we found out that we connected the Voltage regulator to the wrong ports, and it just popped because of too much current. Lesson learned, wear safetly glasses! (Picture 3)

upload_2023-1-31_9-2-53.jpg
    (Picture 1, the PSU Box)

upload_2023-1-31_9-3-38.jpg
    (Picture 2, the 22mF Stabilizing capactitors, screwed on top of the PSU Box)

upload_2023-1-31_9-37-4.jpg
    (Picture 3, the 7812 Voltage regulator that exploded)

The second Box, aka the controll box, had some improvements aswell. Aside the optimized cooling for the H-Bridges, and the 12V regulator, we did all the wireing for the 2nd box aswell. We hope it looks good! As promised, the LEDs are under the bonet aswell. The controll box isnt tested yet, because we need to change some wires because of safety reasons, because it seems like they are too old.

upload_2023-1-31_9-16-59.jpg

So, we are quite happy how the project is going. We made some good progress, and we hope there is not much troubleshooting to do, before we can warm up those tires! We have a month until the "Jobs for Future" exibition where we are going to show what we made here.

Drive fast and stay safe!

-3BFE3 Furtwangen

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. RGS-Furtwangen

School
    Balance:
    204Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hello all,

as I see it, it should be possible to connect two BTS7960s in parallel to counteract overheating.

Just connect all signals of the Arduino to both H-bridges. And connect the power lines in parallel.

Has anyone ever done this with the BTS7960?

I haven't found anything useful in the forum.