1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom 12v Winch Motor Driving Simpit

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Historiker, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    The Simucube electronics case in all it's glory :)

I had to edit the case kit files a bit, added length to fit my PSU and engraved the bottom side of the top plate to get a nice 3D effect (hard to see in pictures). Created my own AC cord pass through (my god those 3D printers are handy). Thanks again @bruce stephen for the tip on using black PetG.

It powers up, all the correct blinky lights come on. The servo is supposed to be here tomorrow, extremely long shipping compared to the stories that some of you have shared, just bad luck I guess but tomorrow is the day!

I have a mount out in the shop that I made with 6mm and 12mm aluminum. CNC cut the face for the bolt pattern and mount circle and bolted that to a 12mm base plate to bolt to the simpit. My E-stop is sitting here but not wired up yet.

20180328_215150.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20180329_144557.jpg

Ummm.....now what do I do with it? :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    Remember where I said that I needed to change my profile picture because of something "coming soon"?

Well...the OSW wasn't it......stay tuned ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    Jeez I am slow. I did this last April but never got around to uploading pictures.

I redid my motor system using the popular (and powerful) Bodine motors (thanks @bruce stephen ) for both the 3DoF and traction loss. I also added heavy duty castors to the base to move it around the man cave...it seemed to be constantly in the way, lol.

Removed the triple monitors again as I went 100% VR (Samsung Odyssey). It is fast, enough to rattle my teeth.

I moved the driving pit into the corner so it could share a PC with my VR flight simpit.

IMG_20190206_071645362.jpg
    IMG_20190206_071726027.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Historiker

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thanks to @BondeX for giving me another Bodine 12v gear motor I am now upgrading this project to 6DoF! :D

Three motors came from @bruce stephen (and six more for my VR flight sim pit) and I found two motors on Ebay just before Christmas (merry Christmas to me to me!) with this last motor I have almost everything to upgrade the driving pit to 6DoF!
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. bruce stephen

bruce stephen Hammer doesnt fix it, must be electrical

general contractor
    Balance:
    9,110Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,237 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Sim party at your house.:grin