1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

12v PSU -> 24V or 36V - help needed [Solved]

Discussion in 'Electronic and hardware generally' started by Pit, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    @SeatTime tyi what I have reported to Olimex:

Hello
    Today I got ready my test unit. The first test using 12V passed successfully. The chip became hot (without cooler), but not as hot as I expected. Despite of that I put a cooler on it due to the higher voltage for the next test: unfortunately the 24V test failed. From the very first beginning (first I reduce the power by the Arduino down to 30% and then raise it up) the motor was very jerky and stopped while moving the potentiometer. There was no real movement - only some "cogging". Despite of the (big) cooler the chip became extremely hot, too hot. I stopped the test before the chip would have been blown away.
    Please keep in mind that my motors meet the specs of the VNH3SP30: 130W, 24V, 6.9A max.

So I have to determine that the BB-VNH3SP30 is not able to handle voltages over 12V respectively over 16V (conclusion ofpololu.com).
  2. Vdub180

Vdub180 Member

Balance:
    148Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    Mine have started to be very jurky even in the smc utility motors move but seem to have a lot of interference