1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

☆☆DO NOT BUY☆☆ 12v 50amp 600w LED PSU only £26.99 at Amazon

Discussion in 'Electronic and hardware generally' started by SilentChill, Jan 4, 2018.

1. SilentChill

SilentChill Problem Maker

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,402Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Cheapest I have ever seen so get yourselves a bargain !!

www.amazon.co.uk/Constant-Voltage-Lighting-Transformer-Adapter/dp/B072M7P7QJ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1515087179&sr=8-2&keywords=12+volt+led+psu

I only had 40 amp ones so I have bought 6 :D
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,509Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    This item does not ship to Switzerland. :(

Nevertheless, my electronics knowledge does not understand the following (contradictory?) data:
    LED Power Supply Unit PSU 600 Watts 12 Volt 50 Ampere Constant Voltage DC 12V Single Output
    *Output Voltage: 12 volt DC
    *Output Current: 0~25 ampere
    *Output Power: 0~600 watts

Under Questions & Answers:
    The voltage is stable 12 V.output current is between 0-29A,that is all power this PSU can afford.
    By dapenk SELLER on 25 October 2017
  3. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,575Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    I've noticed that quite often listings on Amazon and Ebay are contradictory or just incorrect. Like motors I bought that were claimed to be 1500 watts when they were actually 600 watts.

And just to put it out there I use and recommend these to everyone if they ship to where you live. https://www.amazon.com/PowerMax-PM4-100A-Converter-Battery/dp/B01ER3LH5W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515101198&sr=8-1&keywords=powermax+100a. Yes they are somewhat expensive just like everyone said about Sabertooth controllers at first but they just work like the sabertooth does. And if 100 amps doesn't do it for you on its own then you can just add a battery and you can power just about anything. Since its also a 4 stage smart charger you can always keep your battery connected and in tip top shape. But compared to buying 6 cheaper led power supplies its not much more expensive at all.
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  4. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,402Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thats just a generic description as its the same for whatever PSU you pick. Its just I know that 600w will supply 50 amp :)
  5. Ukflyer99

Ukflyer99 Wannabe Pilot Gold Contributor

Maintenance Supervisor
    Balance:
    233Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/352206353362?rt=nc

I use these server power supplies in all sorts of applications and they have proven to be very good. All you have to do is short the small pins 4,6,8 and 10 together and away they go. The two large connectors on the left is gnd and the two large on the right are +12v. If you need any more information give me a shout.
  6. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,402Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. RandomCoder

RandomCoder Active Member Gold Contributor

Control Engineer
    Balance:
    1,674Coins
    Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    I've just ordered the 400W version to power my 3D printer. The printer only really requires a 240W supply so hopefully the 400W model will have enough guts to power it o_O
    The only reason for choosing this PSU above the others on sale was because it comes with a 2 year warranty and it's verified by Amazon.

You have to laugh at some of the reviews, clearly not fraudulent in any way :grin