1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Star Trek: Bridge Crew

Discussion in 'VR Headsets and Sim Gaming - Virtual Reality' started by darkcrayon, Jun 12, 2017.

1. darkcrayon

darkcrayon Member

Balance:
    305Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, 6DOF
    Has anyone gotten a chance to try out Star Trek: Bridge Crew (VR) yet? Now that would be a really nice game to add the upcoming transducer/tactile support to and a bit of motion so you should shake in your seat when hit by Klingon disruptor fire :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. jangomoose

jangomoose Member

Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    One of the best if not The best VR experiences to date in my opinion, multiplayer anyway single player is a bit dull to be honest. It's the first and only game I have been brave enough to try multiplayer with voice. Glad I did.
    Unless Red Storm adds more to the game I can't see it has having too much longevity though with only five set missions and auto generated missions after that but they are nothing to write home about. Now if they only just added 4 player federation ship versus 4 player Klingon ship that would be quite something,
    One of it's greatest strengths is having cross play with the PSVR without that the Australian servers at least would be a bit quiet. Should say, without exception the players on the Australian server have been a really pleasant bunch to play with.

I just play it with a single transducer on my chair and works adequately for what it is. The ship moves very slowly so am not sure you would miss too much not having motion. The way the crew stations are laid out it would be difficult if not impossible to use with a wheel or anything in front of you.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. darkcrayon

darkcrayon Member

Balance:
    305Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, 6DOF
    Well, they have "inertial dampeners" or whatever so I wasn't talking about motion when moving, as you don't feel that anyway on a StarFleet ship ;) ;) But you *do* feel it when your ship gets hit by enemy fire! Or fly into something.
    • Like Like x 1