1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Another DIY project in Hungary

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by George Dobransky, Jan 9, 2017.

1. George Dobransky

George Dobransky Active Member

Balance:
    - 29Coins
    Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi there!

After a lot of reading in the threads, I just made my project as follows:

I decided to use arduino UNO card and a Monster Moto board as well.
    You can buy them from ebay, etc with a very low price...
    The wiring as follows.:(again thanks to @@eaorobbie for drawing)

[​IMG]

I have Used a BMW wiper motors, the correct type is that: (the type is that 404 202, it is a 5-series wiper motor, you can buy it at any used part seller for a good price.)

[​IMG]

I have soldered the wiring and make the power supplies to work.
    For powering the motors I have used a 800W PC PSU. (you can only use the 12V output for that, - on the left side)

[​IMG]

For cooling the Monster Moto shield, I have used another box of a broken PC PSU (only you need the box - you can get it for free from computer repairers-) that is on the right side. And the frame looked like this:

[​IMG]
    For the pushrods, I used normal M8 screw line as in the pics and I just screwed the 2 motors just opposite to each sides.

[​IMG]
    Also needed the pot meters, I have used 10K pots, and wired as the wiring diagram.

[​IMG]

Ok. then wiring OK, frame ready.

I have used SMC3 code for arduino, you can download from here:

https://www.xsimulator.net/community/attachments/smc3-v0-7-zip.17489/

BUT.......

BEFORE START ANYTHING......YOU HAVE TO take apart the motor and make the ground isolation!.Because if you don't do that, your MMshield will be in short circuit!

I have burned my Momnster Moto for first time, so this have to be the first step!!!
    more info about cutting that here:

https://www.xsimulator.net/community/faq/wiper-motor-mandatory-ground-isolation.25/

Ok. then you can use SMCUtils for tuning for the first time, you can DNL from here:

https://www.xsimulator.net/community/attachments/smc3utils-v1-01-zip.24768/

After testing and tuning it seemed to be OK.

I have just followed the tutorial for simtools, and the thing started to move....

Finally I have put the chair on that. It is a normal BMW seat with all adjustments.
    I'm about 70kg weighted, These motors can move like charm with me and with that 25kg chair.
    I'm using this setup with Elite Dnagerous and P3D, if you also want to use that with car sims, I
    suggest to put an esaier chair on that.

Finally it looks like this:

[​IMG]

Now I'm using it for a month maybe. Till now there is no issues yet with this system.
    Few times I have tuned some settings in game manager to feel a better result.

If any questions, feel free to ask, also, in hungarian language as well..

Cheers,
    George
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Tomsix

Tomsix Member

Balance:
    324Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    It seems a very simple and easy to build. Shoot a video how it works,:popcorn
  3. George Dobransky

George Dobransky Active Member

Balance:
    - 29Coins
    Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Ok, I will do it.

regards,
    George