1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Yoda Message - Then Crash

Discussion in 'Yoda - ForceFeedback Scanner' started by gnetster, Sep 28, 2008.

1. gnetster

gnetster New Member

fairly incompetent software engineer monday throug
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Gentlemen,

I've just downloaded v1.6.9 and started Yoda as shown in the yodaInAction video. When I click Start Capture I get the following information box and then yoda closes: The injektion of MadHookCode has broken

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

OS = Windows Vista 64 Edition

Thanks for any help.

-gnetster
  2. gnetster

gnetster New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sirnoname, thanks for the reply. Your answer reminded me of a common problem with vista and permissions. I clicked the checkbox for Run this program as an administrator and that fixed the injection issue. Now I need to figure out why no data is being received by yoda from race07 or gtre.
  3. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Using ForceFeedback data is not up-to-date anymore, since we are able to use data out of the game memory.
    Yoda is just needed for games, which do not have a specific plugin yet.

Please activate the RACE07 plugin in the Force-Sender, then you will receive game data in the Force-Profiler.

Regards
    Christian
  4. gnetster

gnetster New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess I need it because I'm a total noob ;P . I was watching YodaInAction video and thought I'd try and duplicate what I was watching. That is yoda reading ffb from gtr2. Since I don't have gtr2 installed, I figured I'd try race07 instead. I'm clueless about the flow of data from say race07 to an scn5 actuator. I thought it would go somehting like this race07 -> yoda -> usb interface -> scn5(x2) device. Apparently this is not the case.
  5. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Game -> Force-Sender -> Force-Profiler -> converter -> SCN5
  6. gnetster

gnetster New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think I'm getting closer, yet no cigar. I selected race07 plugin via force sender and it starts up. I try to load force-profiler (permissions are set as administrator), and I get a pop up box for IO.dll that says unable to start the IO.SYS service. Error code = 1275. There is a little Starting up.... box until I click ok when the profiler just shuts down. I tred a search in the forums but nothing was found.

Also, if you guys have a donate button, I'd gladly make a contribution.
  7. gnetster

gnetster New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry, but I don't have a folder called interface under the x-sim folder. As a matter of fact, I've performed a search for the file you mentioned above and it's no where to be found on my computer. Maybe I have the wrong version of sofware or something.
  8. gnetster

gnetster New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, that's fair enough. I have an older XP machine, but it won't run the latest and greatest games with all the bells and whistles. So... here's what I'm thinking at the moment. A configuration that goes likes so:

GTRE -------- > Vista 64 Machine (Force Sender) -------> LAN -------> Windows XP Machine 32 bit (Force Profiler) -------> Converter -------> SCN5

Should this work?
  9. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Hmm? The SCN5 will be supported by X-Sim² anyway, not X-Sim1!

If you get changing values in the profiler, where is the problem? You just need converters, cables, SCN5 and power supply...

Regards
    Christian
  10. gnetster

gnetster New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for trying to help get me started. You guys are doing a great thing and have invested a lot of time and energy. I'll try to refrain from asking questions. I'm sensing that someone new hoping on and asking a bunch of questions without being around awhile may be frowned upon. Thanks again gents.
  11. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I dont mind if you keep on asking. I just haven't understood where the problem is, if you are getting data in X-Sim² with Vista 64.

Regards
    Christian
  12. gnetster

gnetster New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The confusion has been on my part. I was using x-sim1 not x-sim2. I did not know there was another version of the x-sim software other than the v1.6.9 found here: x-sim-downloads-f44.html. That link does not contain the x-sim2 software. The x-sim2 software I found here : http://x-sim.de/download.html.

Apparently I can't try the beta without a key though. Any ideas on what a newbie should help with? :cheers:
  13. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    You can try X-Sim² without betakey. You just cannot start the simulator/gauge start button. But as you dont have actuators currently, you dont need the start button anyway. But you are able to receive game data with the locked version as well.

Regards
    Christian
  14. gnetster

gnetster New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is true. No hardware, no work anyway.
  15. gnetster

gnetster New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok. This will keep me busy :lol:
  16. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Making a gauge is a quite good way to improve his experience with handling the X-Sim software without the need of a simulator.

But instead of a pointer gauge, we rather would need an infopanel like GTRpda or Sim-Tools.
    So if you want to make something, an infopanel would be cool 8)

We'd help you in the process.

Regards
    Christian
  17. gnetster

gnetster New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok. I've seen the sim tools software before, although I've not installed it. I have no idea what GTRpda is. So, I guess I'll check out the sim tools suite and get an idea of what you guys are looking for. What programming language are you using for x-sim? What are my hooks?
  18. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    There is no coding needed at all. Make a background picture (probably LCD style) and then add some items with the aid of X-Sim² Gauge-Edtor.

Have a look at mboracing' AIM Dash.
    it has been made with X-Sim²' Gauge Editor.
    post9551.html#p9551

A pure LCD infopanel for a second screen (external 8 tft for example) would be cool.

Regards
    Christian
  19. gnetster

gnetster New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the information. I studied the example above and I believe I understand everything (how to start the aim application using the rn2 file, how to change skins via x-sim gauge panel, etc). The part where I'm a little confused is creating a skin that actually works. I created a test skin with single digit on it. I set the transparent color, active color, and disabled color. However when I activate test mode, nothing changes on my skin. I must be missing something very obvious. Is there a tutorial for creating a skin that works?

Thanks for any help - Frank
  20. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    There is a german tutorial available, but it does not contain the text plugin and color bars. But it may help you perhaps.
    http://x-sim.de/tachoanzeige.html
    Ask if you have further questions. Imho, in this case, learing by trying is the way to go.
    Please feel free to make some suggestions, if you encounter sth that should be improved.

The X-Sim project is quite time consuming for a spare time one, so there is not much time left for documentation.

We're getting quite OT recently. How about opening a proper thread for your infopanel here.
    Please post your digit there, so I can have a look what it is wrong with it.
    When your panel is finished, you may have the drive to make an english tutorial :)

Regards
    Christian