1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

XR Motion Platform

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by VmotoR, Apr 5, 2020.

1. VmotoR

VmotoR If in doubt, flat out!!!

Balance:
    169Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    Well been a dream for several time, now is the time to make it.

Been a huge fan of Motosports since the early 80's, Group A rally cars made me this kind of awakening.
    But most of Saturdays mornings watching on TV qualify and Sundays Races of F1, then MotoGP, Touring,...

A couple of years later, my cars had been always personalized for me and had to be with all the components that brand had at it's factory, making me to wait 3/4 months for the car delivery, but that it was worth of it.

Unfortunately, 2011 made a total turnover in my life, had a severe accident (no, it wasn't inside a car), that addressed me a disability for ever.
    Although had some surgeries to have some quality life, driving unfortunately isn't possible the same way I did till that day.

Well things weren't able to start sooner than I was expecting, my recovery didn't gone has expected, due this lost my job, been "fighting" since then with insurance companies, layers, doctors... but still here!!!

So since I had plenty of time and between all the recoveries I had been trying, I started to make sketches, looking for materials, talking with other people in the auto industry and a sort of puzzle was gearing up. I had all time, since I had been most of the time "arrested" in a bed.

So, the platform I had been developing, i going to need what @Thanos made, and looking to
    get actuators that can handle each 250kg of weight each.

This because the my platform might have a total weight of about a 800kg to 1ton, and expect to make all movements like in reality and have a immersive dynamic display system (no VR goggles).

Might not have a big budget, but already placed some orders for the first components, and expect to have the components tests this month of April or May.

What I expect?! Provide one of the best driving experiences, and do it, near to all the Motorsports events possible all over the globe.

So, let "move"on....

"Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes shine to the stars. Enthusiasm is the sparkle in your eyes, the swing in your gait. The grip of your hand, the irresistible surge of will and energy to execute your ideas."
    Henry Ford
    • Like Like x 3
  2. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,210Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,185 / 16 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    @VmotoR ,

Bem vindo!

Any help just ask.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. VmotoR

Balance:
    169Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hello / Olá @pmvcda

Thank you / Obrigado,

Certainly will have some talks, you have a really great system, but mine is a bit more complex. Nothing like sharing ideas to move forward.

Again, Thanks
  4. VmotoR

Balance:
    169Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Well, the first components for the mean machine :grin arrived and looking to see how it works and tweaks to be made...
    A photo of the first kicks :cool:

@Thanos your controller looks great... looking to see how to optimize it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. VmotoR

Balance:
    169Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    @Thanos I have a strange behaviour, (have 4 actuators) when I put the controller on, the actuators 2, 3, and 4 move 2/3mm forward and nr1 is stand still at Zero position.

What might be?
  6. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,699Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
  7. VmotoR

Balance:
    169Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yes checked manual, been looking till now your videos...

Thr strange is that only one is calibrating, the other three doesn't make it. Has soon I connect them to your controller it makes C then P automatically. If I use the nr 1 it calibrate.
    Checked all the cables, servos settings,...

Don't know what might be...

Have any idea?!

All of them are servo AASD-20A, servomotor of 1Kw 80ST-MO4025

Thanks
  8. VmotoR

Balance:
    169Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

Well @Thanos , after checking all parameters in drives, wiring,... I was having the same symptoms.

So, had made a reset to Servo Drives, program like in the manual, and now finally it's working.
    Something wrong must had been done when they had programmed in the factory, because I introduce the same values and they are performing well.

Thanks for the support
    Happy Easter.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. VmotoR

Balance:
    169Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Well another piece of the "puzzle" arrived, what is a simulator without it...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. VmotoR

Balance:
    169Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi everyone,

An update, just to notice that a new component arrived for the cockpit of my platform.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  11. VmotoR

Balance:
    169Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Saw that there is a sort of Bluetooth HID controller that can place in the wheel, so that can use the wireless feature of the Simucube2 Pro
    Anyone knows where to get these controllers?
  12. VmotoR

Balance:
    169Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Well another piece has just arrived.

Let's see how can I use it in the project, since it needs to be a bit recover.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1