1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

X-Sim Setup

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by stowaway, Jun 21, 2009.

1. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Now that i have the AMC and lcd and pot's working.. its time to test with X-sim..
    Its quiet a bit more complicated than i thought.. I watched tronics guide but he uses x-sim 1.8..

I put the axis information AB~255~~~y~~x~ .... but dont know where i can go to test it to make the numbers move on the lcd??

I dont suppose there are step-by-step guide for using tronics Design on the x-sim 2.0?

i cant figure out how to test it like tronic does in his tut video

Attached Files:

• xsim.JPG
      xsim.JPG
      File size:
      189.1 KB
      Views:
  2. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi ,

You have set all wrong settings in the profiler... Load this profile please and use it as a starting reference:

Thanos AMC1.5 firmware v1.1 (2DOF) 8bit.rn2

It has some more axis in the math section (about instrument gauges) but you only need two for now (X, Y)

The USO data packet was wrong on your photo. The correct one is AB~255~~a01~~a02~

In the math section you can move the calibration offset of this axis slider to see the LCD screen numbers change or to move the motors on the h-bridge by hand.

Regards, Thanos

Attached Files:

3. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hmm i loaded this file..

still i dont get any resposne?

I can hyper terminal into it ect..

but i cant seem to control it via x-sim..

I think i should add. i have it connected to com1 (which is correct) and i dont have the h-bridges connected. and the pots are floating.. (as they are not connected either)
  4. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So ive been playing around with it and still nothing.

heres everything i have done.

* Loaded the firmware on.

* logged into the AMC via hypterterminal via com1 (to test it) - works.

* installed X-sim2.

* Loaded X-Sender . Clicked Try to send.

* loaded X-profiler2.

* loaded the setup file tronic gave me.

* clicked Start.

* Moved The calibrate axis bar..

nothing :(

would it most likely be a hardware issue? or a software setup problem?

ps - i should note. when the pot is connected the numbers seem to move between (Random number between 0 - 100) and 863 ?????????
  5. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im sorry to bump the issue back up again.

I am just wondering how i should attack this. ive spent hours on the software side trying to fiddle with it to get it to work... im starting to think it could be my board.. however im not 100% sure. ive checked and re-checked the tracks on the AMC..

Ive loaded the same device settings as tronic.. would the only configuration i need to change in the USO and then it should just work? (change the numbers when i move the axis on the math section) or is there anything else i need to setup? Should i go back to square 1 and buy a professional PCB?

do i need to have the pots plugged in to move the numbers on the LCD from the computer?
  6. pathetic

pathetic Member

Balance:
    - 38Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I ve the same problem... Have u solved that ?
  7. Robbi81

Robbi81 Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have the same problem now, are your lcd numbers working with xsim?

greets