1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

'X-Sim - Porsche skin for R-Factor

Discussion in 'Virtual Racing League' started by bvillersjr, Oct 19, 2008.

1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Here are the skin files for the rFactor Porsche Carrera Cup Series Mod. If you do not have it yet, it can be downloaded here http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=PCC 2007 This skin is intentionally minimalistic in order to help the X-Sim logos stand out and promote the community. However, I pre-added some sections to the PSD file which should make modifying the skin to your taste a little easier. I will be posting the PSD in a later post.

I packaged the same skin as the first car in each series so that noone feels left out ;)

The installation instructions below assume that your rFactor installation is in C:\Program Files\rFactor

Once you unzip the files into the folders shown below, you will be able to find the skins by choosing the first car in the series and clicking the skin button. Then click on the #08 Team X-Sim skin
    **EDITED BASED ON EGO's FEEDBACK **
    PCC Asia Skin = PCCA.zip - Unzip to C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\PCC_997\PCCA2007\PCCA07_Cref MotorSport\
    PCC Australia Skin = PCCAU.zip - Unzip to C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\PCC_997\PCCAU2007\PCCAU07_Cruickshank Racing\
    PCC Deutschland = PCCG.zip - Unzip to C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\PCC_997\PCCG2007\PCCG07_Ahlden Motorsport\
    Porsche Carrera Cup Series = PMSCS.zip - Unzip to C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\PCC_997\PMSC2007\PMSC07_Bleekemolen Race Planet\

This was was first skin for this mod (SO GO EASY ON ME!), and I have to say, I hope it is my last. The skin template distributed by the creators of the mod has several flaws that took me quite a bit of time to find a workaround for. When you see the PSD and all of the realistic graphics scaled from real Porasche pics, and compare it to the result, you'll know what I mean.

Good luck and enjoy. Comments welcome.

Unfortunately I am unable to upload the zip files because they are too large. I will post another link later once I add them to one of my websites. :(

Bernard (bvillersjr) [Berney Jr. in rFactor]
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Re: 'X-Sim - SimforceGT' Porsche skin for GTR2

In case you want to use a X-Sim logo psd file :blush:

post10241.html#p10241

I'll have a look on your skin file yet.

Regards
    Christian
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    OK, here's the best I can offer. For those of you that dont know, I operate a few small business all under the name of Villers Enterprises Limited. I am a technology consultant and all of my business revolve around that in some way.

I posted the skin files on my companies main website at http://www.villersenterprises.com However, I cant have my customers seeing my hobby related stuff on the website, so you'll have to login in order to download the Porsche skins. I created a loghin called xsim with a password of xsim12345. Once you login, there will be a new button added to the toolbar called 'Sim Stuff'.

If anyone has a better solution, please feel free to re-post the file. I have a 10MB internet connection, so I'm not concerned about the bandwidth.

Also, I will be buying a domain name and throwing up some kind of website that is dedicated to X-Sim and my other hobbies in the near future in order to prevent this type of confusion.

Regards,

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Which file should I download? Whats the difference between the install file, and the skin file below?
  5. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

The large install file from rFactorCentral.com gets you the Porsche Carrera mod. This includes about 100 cars and the most accurate Porsche physics available in my opinion. It is a LARGE 100+ megabyte file, but well worth the download.

The skin files that I created and placed on my website are add-ons for this mod.

Regards,

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  6. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Cannot find it in R-Factor. Is the install folder for your files correct?

pcc-xsim mod.JPG
  7. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

I apologize, I will modify the post. You should extract the skin to the first folder atop the list for each. The idea here is that we are adding a skin file to an existing team. Because there are so many subsections of this mod, we are going to add the skin to the first team in each mod sub-section.

So here are the correct folders:

PCC Asia Skin = PCCA.zip - Unzip to C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\PCC_997\PCCA2007\PCCA07_Cref MotorSport\
    PCC Australia Skin = PCCAU.zip - Unzip to C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\PCC_997\PCCAU2007\PCCAU07_Cruickshank Racing\
    PCC Deutschland = PCCG.zip - Unzip to C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\PCC_997\PCCG2007\PCCG07_Ahlden Motorsport\
    Porsche Carrera Cup Series = PMSCS.zip - Unzip to C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\PCC_997\PMSC2007\PMSC07_Bleekemolen Race Planet\

Sorry about the confusion.

Regards,

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  8. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Does not work still.

pcc-xsim mod2.JPG

I am not able to activate X-Sim textures in the Ahlden Motorsport team :(

Isnt it possible to create a X-Sim team, and a standalone car?

Regards
    Christian
  9. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
  10. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

Yes it is possible, and I have. However, in testing, I discovered that when racing online, new teams are not transfered to other players in rfactor, but skins for existing teams are. So if you joined an online game using a team that we added, others would see your car as an ugly grey box that says the word 'Temp' on it. I didnt distribute the team add-on for that reason.

So lets see if we can get this worked out. Try clicking skins / Texturen.I am about to upload a screenshot tutorial.

Regards,

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  11. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
  12. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Step - by - Step Installation for Team X-Sim Skin Addon to PCC2007 rfactor mod.

This guide assume that you have successfully installed the PCC2007 mod for rfactor and have downloaded the zip file from my website.

The contents of the zip file you downloaded should look like this. (Contains four other zip files)
    • PCC Asia Skin = PCCA.zip
      PCC Australia Skin = PCCAU.zip
      PCC Deutschland = PCCG.zip
      Porsche Carrera Cup Series = PMSCS.zip
    Zip File Contents.jpg

Now that you have the zip file, you need to extract the four files in it to anywhere you like, usually a temp folder.

Now extract each of the four zip files as follows:

• PCC Asia Skin = PCCA.zip - Unzip to C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\PCC_997\PCCA2007\PCCA07_Cref MotorSport\

If you unzipped the files correctly, you should see this if you browse to the C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\PCC_997\PCCA2007\PCCA07_Cref MotorSport\
    folder
    Successful Install.jpg .

Make sure you extract each of the four zip files. At this point, you have placed the Team X-Sim skin files into the first team for each series. Now its time to load rFactor, choose the mod from the player menu and choose the skin. MAKE SURE THAT RFACTOR WAS RESTARTED AFTER ADDING THE SKIN FILES. IT LOADS THEM AT STARTUP.

Choosing the Mod.jpg

After choosing the mod of your Choice in rFactor, you need to choose the first vehicle then click skins. On the Skins Menu Choose Team X-Sim.

Choosing a skin.jpg

Regards,

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  13. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    It works, but its late now, I'll have a closer look on it tomorrow. Thanks

Christian
  14. charlypro

charlypro New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Bernard I want to download that porche series with the X-sim skins let me know for where start what I need to download firts thank you.

Charly.
  15. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

The skin files I designed are for the rFactor Porsche Carrera Cup Series Mod. If you do not have it yet, it can be downloaded here http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=PCC 2007 After you have that installed, please follow the instructions in my previous posts to download and install the Team X-Sim Skin.

Regards,

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  16. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I've modified your .dds file a little. Unfortunatly I cannot save it as dds (I am getting an error message, that the input file is invalid :? )
    But I would like to know if you like this skinning. The resolution of the psd file is alot better. I had to shadow it a little, to alter the contrast.

Team X-Sim Kopie.jpg

Regards
    Christian
  17. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I didn't understand that there was a difference between X-Sim,X-Sim Force GT and SimForceGT, otherwise I would have considered the logos differently. I chose what appeared best in my opinion, and unfortunately, I still the the SimForceGT logo looks better for the side of a race car.

However, I think that the X-Sim logo can be worked with to create some kind of a more race car like logo. I like the added shadows, hood image and bumper image btw..

If you want a car that looks like image in the previous message, it's easy enough to do. I can upload the PSD to my site. This way you can mod it how you want, and send it to me for exporting if you dont have Photoshop CS3.

Regards,

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  18. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Can someone help me to understand the relationship/difference between the names X-Sim, X-Sim ForceGT and SimForceGT please. I'm considering taking a shot at a more dressed up version of the X-Sim Logo and I'm wondering if the only thing it should say is X-Sim. If so, what are the other two names for?

Regards,

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  19. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Is there a green version available of the sim seat on the hood? Also, what font is the X-Sim logo created in? I spent alot of time looking, but not able to find anything. The PSD that I got with the X-Sim logo in it makes it seem custom made, which makes it a real pain to incorporate it into something like a design for a race car door or even to modify the colors :(

-Bernard (bvillersjr)
  20. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Here are some ideas I'm toying around with for an X-Sim logo for the side of a car. Comments please. Also, does anyone have high-res pics of a the seat in various colors on a white background? I would like to work it in, but the images I have are not good enough quality.

Regards,

Bernard (bvillersjr)

X-sIM-oPTIONS.jpg

xsim3.jpg

X-sIM-oPTIONS-3.jpg