1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

X-Sim & LFS

Discussion in 'Virtual Racing League' started by fermevc, Jul 27, 2009.

1. fermevc

fermevc Member

Networking and telecomunication
    Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Sorry if I`m posting in wrong place, but was wondering if there`s someone interested in LFS racing.
    I see that you prefer rFactor, which is OK.
    I don`t want to propose anything regarding LFS, just curious about your opinion.
    I don`t know how rFactor online racing works, but will look into it and try to join in.

BR, Igor
  2. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am up for LFS racing all night long. I like how LFS does not seem to eat up cpu power. it runs easy. I like the feel to the game aswell.
  3. fermevc

fermevc Member

Networking and telecomunication
    Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Finally someone replyed :)
    I agree with you about CPU load, and if I may add, LFS physics are quite real (except some crash bugs :().
    For all LFS-ers, find me online as SCP Igor*cisco (lfs name - fermevc)!
    Cya on track!
  4. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well i still need to completed my setup. So when I do i will come. What car do you drive? Ermm 1.4 litre. XFG.? I need profile for that with 10% percent limit for 100mm. I'll let you know when I'm ready.
  5. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    :) Anyone still drive with LFS?
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    not me, but @eaorobbie and I try to have regular runs on DIRT3, GRID2, and Race 07. Usually Friday and Saturday nights after 10:30Pm Sydney EST, and sometimes during 7-9pm if kids are not bothering me on weekends.
    Otherwise, during the week for random bursts, again after 10:30-11pm.
    Rob has more time than me, you are welcome to join us anytime, just drop us a PM and we can give you our voice chat details.
    Cheers, David.
  7. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Nope !! far better sim stuff out there these days.
  8. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,495Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    I think LFS is only intended for testing your settings and debugging.
  9. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    First of all, I apologize in advance for the following opinion measured. :p

So, far better stuffs out where?... Hmmm.
    "I think LFS is only intended for testing your settings and debugging." - I think, because LFS the best to trainig perhaps. Best to drive really, best feedbacks about your real driving skills.
    But, Only I think this...

Can anyone drive in LFS close to WR, or reach it? In race of course, not in hotlapping... Only one case... You can drive really... Very hard to drive perfect as a real racedriver in realcar. Difficult to drive perfect lap without good setup, without focus, without any experience. I know it is not much fun, if you like play arcade.

Suggest me any other software please and I'll try it, which is better to drift as LFS. It has still the best physics...

I've tried all of simulation , tested hard, analysed them. Growned up in this world, but I've never heard this before... I have few preffered sim as well, but
    Don't understand. Ok, old one... but a pearl of simulation. The
    Lot of software is better and stronger in graphics, in lot of details as cardamage, full of famous cars and tracks, lot of shining, but...
    If we talking about driving... no competition than

That's my personal oppinion, sorry guys...
    I just not needed rig for arcade "stuffs"

Peace :)
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  10. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    I hope S3 comming soon (doesn't matter 2 or 3 years more :) )
  11. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Oh that could be the start of a flame war :D I know serious and racing ambitious people who say exactly the opposite;) Physic model is in there eyes still one of the best available models. Yes, maybe the graphics lack and are not state of the art any longer but i have to agree that the race feel of realism is excellent. It´s a shame that the development seems to be paused or stopped.

As a example no one would say that papyrus grand prix legends is crap. Its from 1998...and its still a excellent racing simulation with a lot of user generated addons. Afaik the code of GPL and Nascar 2003 is the basis of iracing and i think that LFS is good as iracing :):popcorn
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    whats s3?
  13. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    :) No flame war at all, thats why I wrote Peace at the end :) Just an oppinion on side of LFS
    And it is an LFS tread, isn't it?

That's what I'm talking about. I agree with all your words dear René.
    Oh, what a memories about GPL, I love it so much :)

I have only one problem with iRacing that so expensive to build it up. It's a shame to purchase each cars and tracks... Who can pay for that in Europe, even in East-Europe... Hundreds of dollars for a simulation...

Usually follow the LFS developers, they have a lot of problem, I think in the heads...
    They don't stopped at all, just choosed a hard way at tires physics...
    Everyone knows, the secret of simulation depends on tire physics. The winner is in the market, who can reach the closest model of real...
    They put everything' they have on it...

I hope They reach theor goals and we will enjoy a masterpiece soon :)
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  14. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    S3 or what else we call it
    The new version with VW Scirocco and new tire physics. I called S3 :)
  15. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    and a brand new english track with laserscanning
  16. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    still didnt answer my question about what is S3.....
    with games these days, and with the onslaught of consoles, its about eye candy and sales as opposed to real time physics., Most racing gamers are really not that concerned unless they go as far as the insidesimracing.tv mob. Most of them are iracers though I think.
    Iracing is there only on PC and yes, it can get costly and time consuming to achieve a good game eventually.
    As @RaceRay pointed out, some new games like iracing use the older graphics engine and physics engine from nascar 2003 (I think).
    As for good "sim" games, yes its still the old ones, rfactor with its zillion mods is still good, and despite some track mods looking a bit off, its the physics of the car handling more than anything. Isle of Mann track mod comes to mind, looks rough, but by golly its a wild ride!
    Race 07 is good and doesn't cost a bomb , even with its add ons and looks quite good.
    Rfactor 2 is good from what I have seen, but again you need to buy the game and I think most add ons are free.
    With a motion sim, be it DIY, it gives a whole new experience to games, from sim to arcade. Get the motion right and even Dirt Showdown is great to play. (50 kids taking turns on one of my sims cannot be wrong)
    I play GRID2 and DIRT3 online when I can, and maybe 1 out of 10 other guys are using a wheel and pedals, the rest on controllers and even fewer on motion sims. Arcade style, but a blast to play. Yes you get wreckers, but thats expected and it will eventually improve your gaming driving, or just go to another room in game. Even iracing has wreckers.
    But overall Its great fun to be voice chatting to a group and getting knocked around.
  17. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Richard Burns Rally is still the best rally game for pure realism in game. Its not new.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Absolutelly :)
    I agree this too Perhaps th e only one about rally :)

Can you see that? The old ones still on podium :) Not shiny carpainting, just pure drive :)
  19. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not my car but.............muds a colour..........right?
    mud.jpg
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5