1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

X-Sim & FPP Shooters

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Skaut69, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This is continue of thread about FPS games:
    x-sim-fpp-shooters-t1853.html?hilit=fps
    - this time in right place.

I am still looking for any way to start getting motion from FPS games. From D-Box site disappeared Crysis but there is still Battlefield 2. I wrote to theirs community with question about support - waiting for any answer.
    I am going to give it a try by Cheat Engine & Force Injector. Only thing what i need is good controller and i think thats the one. Novints Falcon - this controller works like a standard mouse but without need of flat surface. Additionally it is giving you recoil from weapons, harms from environment/enemy and proper feeling of movement - exactly this kind of motion what i want to achieve.

Take look on this review and you will know all about it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PS_vu-WBb0

This is main site:
    http://home.novint.com/index.php

Attached Files:

2. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It is not recognized by Force-Profiler. I will need a plugin. Thing is that in driver section there is written Manufacturer: FTDI and unit appears in Ports (COM & LPT) section. FTDI is also in section for Driver Provider.
  3. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    Thanks for the links to this device.....i just ordered one!
    Very cool stuff, would be nice if we even got motion from some FPS games too :)
    @Skaut69 do you have some more pictures of you setup with the falcon?

Cheers,

Rob
  4. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Playing with this unit is extreme fun. You really feel deferents between guns. Chain gun from Team Fortress 2 is amazing - you feel like he`s spinning before shot and then just blast. Most important is feeling of the environment and yours own movements. Every explosion close to you or earth quake or someones shots - you can feel that all and from with direction it comes. Yours moves are also transfered -you feel pull to each direction when you move.

When you will start you will be in shock but after that you need some patience. You need a lot of practice to get it work as mouse used to be. Thing is that all those movements and specially recoil is giving you some kind of disorientation (you loosing direction - like with real gun!). Of course you can set it up with smaller force to everything (from falcon menu in the game) and get feeling without high distractions. You just have to learn ! Specially to different type of movements - mouse from ages was on flat surface now it is.....you`ll see.

That is how it looks like right now and in the same way it will be on simulator. Two arms on each side with controller. On the left arm i have Saiteks Cyborg Game Unit and on the right i made (just for now) some kind of support for Falcon. In the future i wanna lift it and put it closer to the center of my body - to get feeling like i am pointing in the right direction (with mouse that was normal on the side but right now you got some better tool and it makes you want to point just in there - it so cool !!!)
    Anyway - it is all going to be on the sim platform.

You should give me a message before you made order - i have bonus code for 20% of the price (SAVE20). Hope you order one with pistol grip! Delivery is soo slow - one week for me and 23 £ Tax Duty to Europe.

Attached Files:

5. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thanks mate for the pics.
    I did't know about the save20....
    I ordered the pack with the pistol grip ;) i also have a similar controller you have on the left side :)
    When i have it, i will post some pics.

Cheers
    Rob
  6. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If you are about evolution of yours FPS experience than i have to give you another one. 3RD Space Vest - that is same vest like this G-Force one from another of my posts but this one actually works so fine and it is from years on market. It is giving you additional immersion to the games world. You can feel every hit, explosion, shot on your body. Check on this one as well.

TN Games - makers of this vest:
    http://tngames.com

You probably can find it cheaper on eBay or other internet store.

BTW: my fault with this code - i supposed to put this at the beginning of this post but i think that this unit will get you forget about it.

Last night i played Doom 3 on it - that`s how those games supposed to be played. My suggestion for you is to try put this unit as close as you can to center point of the screen - to get that feeling that this is the gun from the game.
  7. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Very cool indeed, can't wait to get my falcon :)
    The vest is a bit pricey, and i don't think i will fit in my sparco seat when wearing this haha
    Did you ever try it?

The centering would be a problem as i have the racing seat and all, but i have a enormous screen so it would be close to the gun in screen :lol:
    Cheers,

Rob
  8. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi,
    Indeed delivery is VERY slow, i am told that it could be up to 3 to 4 weeks before i get it... :thbd:
    I just sent them an email regarding that, they should make an option for shipping methods.
    I buy stuff on regular bases from Japan and the US but they are always within a week or so (or even in 4 days!) in my possession.
    I also told them that i don't care if i need to pay some extra cash for better and faster shipping.

Nevertheless can't wait for this thing to arrive.... :D

BTW: I am from the netherlands.

Cheers,

Rob
  9. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Do not worry about delivery - it won`t be that long. Maximum one week and few days (my shot is for middle of incoming week).

I use this vest for a while and i can say same thing what you said. It cost too much. It cost to much for that what you will get. Just - this feeling is not enough, only when someone is attacking you (punch or shot) or when something is exploding close to you. You can`t even say the different between explosion, hit or shot - they are just the same, only spread different and with more power. Most important is that you feel something like a push on yours body instead of shot or kick from explosion (like it suppose to be). This is just to weak. Aha, and forget about sens of direction - they seems to be random (someone soots you from behind and you get feel on front).
    In my opinion it is future before that type of vest, maybe in the shape of full coveralls (suit) and when it will have more active points with many different types of sens given you form the game - like Falcon is giving you right now !

I paid 50 £ (54 Euro) (81 $) for my west. I managed to get that from store at the time of closing down. For that price it is so worth to get that because of that simple addition to yours games. It is little scary - something like: ooo i don`t wanna be shot again !. It still fun but if you will pay less than retail price.

One more thing - it is some kind of compatible issue when Falcon works with 3RD Space vest. They just do not work together - you have to decide which one you want. Half-life 2: Episode1,2 works great with both of them (and thats it). Crysis works using HaptX Mod for Falcon and that looks like a problem for vest (same thing with Doom3).

If you still want one try on eBay - probably lots of people wanna get rid of it. Me not - it still better to play with than without it !
  10. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I hope your right on delivery time ;)

54 euro's is a bargain indeed.
    i will search for one on ebay from time to time.

Cheers
  11. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Well it seems the customs in the Netherlands SUCK big time.....my falcon arrived last monday, but it shows on the tracking page that it was into foreign customs.
    So i called my customs office, and it seems that it could take up to 4 weeks (!) until it is released there....and that i should be lucky IF it arrives after 4 weeks... (WHAT?!)
    My god i seem to be very lucky with all the other stuff i bought overseas...(over 10k the last 2 years)
    But i am sort of pissed of that they don't take tax money when delivered.

I want my falcon dammit.... :thbd:

BTW: with FEDEX you will never have this problem...they always pay customs in advance... :yes:
  12. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear that man. It is really something in yours country - for me, after foreign customs delivery it was straight next day to collect.
    BTW: They are going to make some software which will work like ours Yoda - collecting information out of game code. That means it will be possible to work with every game ! Already it is only about movements but soon it should be about all Falcon features.

keep an eye on novint`s Forum:
    http://home.novint.com/community/phorum/list.php?4

I AM STILL STRUGGLING WITH FORCE INJECTOR - still learning and practicing. It is really hard work to find/catch any information from game. No fear - i am very determinate !
  13. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Falcon is using his own PCB unit with chip to control arms by engines - it is same system like on ours sim (power - chip - motor). What if i will connect scn5 instead of their motors ? Is it possible to get scn5 able to read signal from theirs chip (whatever is there) ?
    It is all about give it a try - i will, but i need advice. Theirs PCB instead of ours RS232 and RS485 to USB adapters - is it possible ?
  14. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Finally got it :)

It's a amazing piece of hardware, too bad not many games are supported, like COD 4 and MW2.
    Hope they release the F-gen driver soon....

Cheers,

Rob
  15. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

Attached Files: