1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

X-SIM: Beginners Questions

Discussion in 'XSimulator Q&A/FAQs - Outdated' started by Fahim, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dear Sirs,

Some questions a basic learner may ask when first downloading the x-sim programmer. We have to understand some people are not good at these type of things (Fahim looks in the mirror).

If anybody would like to answer, please answer in one,two sentance short answer. Thank you.

1. What does Force Profiler do?
    2. What does Force Sender do?
    3. What is the Video Plugin?
    4. What is Yoda2?

When opening X-sim Profiler (Force Profiler) I see things:

5. What is x- axis?
    6. What is y-axis?
    7. Why is there a z-axis when we only require two actuators?
    8. What is RX-axis?
    9. What is RY-axis?
    10. What is RZ-axis?

There is a box called Maximum simulator movement per axis.

11. Is this the limiter box everyone talks about? Why is it set to 70% and 60% on default and not 75% on both? (25% limit)

12. I see you can download profiles. Where do you save them and load them?

Kind Regards.
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
  3. Charley

Charley New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm a beginner. According to the picture at the bottom of that page posted by bvillersjr, x-sim is encompassing the entire software and it uses the interface to control the actuators or motors. Is this right?

What is used as the interface between the actuators and the low end PC?
  4. Charley

Charley New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone? Are these interfaces availabe for purchase or homebuilt. Thanks.
  5. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    The interface that you are wondering about between the adapters and PC can be purchased. It is a USB to RS485 adapter. One the first page of my post (scroll to bottom and click on page 1) there is a parts list with hyperlinks to where you can buy the parts I used in my original build.
  6. Charley

Charley New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks so much.
  7. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dear sirs,

Okay so I have downloaded latest x-sim. I ran the program, no actuators found because I have not made the simulator yet.

I just wanted to know where the 25% LIMIT box is? I could not see it in the force profiler program.

Thanks.