1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

X-Sim 2.1 Update 2.1.0.1

Discussion in 'News' started by bvillersjr, Jun 12, 2009.

1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Thanks for the updated release, 120dpi font support, and all of your hard work!! Your efforts are appreciated. It seems that the community has forgoten about the thankpost button.
  2. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the late thanks. I just installed it this morning. The chatroom option is really good idea. I was wondering has this 2.1 x-sim version increase peformance somehow.. or is it just designs that has changed.
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I think that people are not reporting their crashes! Several people dissapeared from the race server suddenly. Coincidentally, they always re-appear in a few minutes (possible reboot time). They re-appear first on the chat (startup of sender) and a few minutes later on the race server once they have started the game again. I think that they may be locking up, rebooting and not saying so or asking for help. I can see some of this from the server logs. They did not exist the race server gracefully, but suddenly.

In my initial testing, I found this version to be far less stable. It is not because of X-Sim, but because most DX9 games seem to have issues with frequent use of ALT-TAB. Previous versions of X-Sim did not require as much use of ALT-TAB, and they never popped up messages once a game had started. This version encourages it by having people ALT-TAB out due to an AutoScan notification and to use the chat mechanism. This will cause more frequent game lockups IMO.

The problem seems to be with the DX9 games. I had rFactor lockup on me 3 times yesterday due to a notification that a profile was not assigned. I don't use autoscan, so I don't even need that notification.

I will continue to test, and hopefully find a repeatable scenario that I can offer you for reproduction.
  4. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Thats's good to know. Looking forward to testing with the new version! For now, I have disabled autoscan since I have my own FSD's anyway.

Also, will I be able to not login to the chat mechanism when I want to work offline? I see questions from people in the chat window when I am doing testing and I don't want them to think that I am rude, but I cannot answer every question and also get my work done. :D

EDIT: Also, it would be bad for business to show the chat window at a trade show. Most people seem to discuss their problems in the chat window!
  5. Alviomsim

Alviomsim New Member

Electronic Assembler
    Balance:
    344Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Is possible found a plugging for Tom Clancy HAWX?...Regards
  6. Alviomsim

Alviomsim New Member

Electronic Assembler
    Balance:
    344Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    that's be great if you can borrow me this software ......my best regards
  7. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,962 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    No, he ment if you are able to lend him the game HAWX to look if there is a easy way to find game values.

My Tip, you should do it, if you want the answer asap :yes:
  8. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    @SirNoName

It seems that if Steam is not open, and an FSD file is used to launch the game, everything functions correctly, and the force sender automatically presses the try send data button for me. However, if steam was already open from a previous launch, or if I started it automatically with my PC (which is its default behavior), then the Force Sender fails to automatically start sending data.

Does the force sender accept any command line parameter that would force the try send data button to be pressed automatically?

Also, will updates be made to the non-chat enabled version of the software, or is it no longer supported?

NOTES:
    -I am still using 2.0.7.1 until the next version is released so I am not sure if this exists in 2.1.0.1, but I suspect that it does.
    -If this problem does exist in 2.1.0.1, it would prevent FSD files shared online from automatically starting the simulator for steam games. Use would have to press the try send data button manually.

EDIT: This problem still occurs in 2.1.0.1 when autoscan is disabled. Any possibility of an update to the 2.0.7.1 sender to correct this behavior. To put it plainly, the forced login and attachment of a chat application to the new sender causes it to no longer be useful for commercial use. Maybe the login and chat could be optional in the next release? For now, the SimXperience Commander will automatically close steam when necessary, but this is not a very elegant solution.
  9. Alviomsim

Alviomsim New Member

Electronic Assembler
    Balance:
    344Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    HI ...i have the game already how can i send you? ...one solution is ARES and other solution Bit torrent i get the game in www.isohunt .com let me know how can i send you....regards
  10. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,962 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Ofcourse i ment borrowing a original DVD not a copy, but anyway thanks to clear some things.

regards