1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

wrong movement

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by Gelatin, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Hallo everyone!
    Can anyone help me?
    Perhaps I might have missed something, but my sim moves opposite.
    When I acceletarte than my seat moves forward, and moves backward at braking. Everything else works well. The side movements are in good directions.
    What can I do with this problem? I'm so confused...
  2. prodigy

prodigy Burning revs

Balance:
    6,698Coins
    Ratings:
    +399 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor, SCN5, JRK
    When you add a force in your profile, there is a box near that force which you can click to reverse effect, it will become orange color or yellow, I forgot now. Maybe someone can put a screenshot, I'm answering from mobile.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. seppel

seppel Member

Balance:
    224Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    downloadfile-1.png try the box "Dir"
    if you dont know wich axe is left or right of you scn5 do try and error and you ll get right movement.
    best regards
    seppel
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Thx guys! It works :) Just did not understand that settings

I love it, works awesome :)
  5. seppel

seppel Member

Balance:
    224Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    np:)
    this setting is just simple.
    you create your axis assignment and axis 1 is scn5 1 and axis 2 is scn5 2, you do not know wich scn5 (1 or 2) is left or right on your rig!
    and if you now set your force, in your case surge i think, you still do not know wich one of your scn5 is right or left on you rig.
    you drive and notice, with acc rig move forward and braking rig move backward, now by marking the "dir" box oragne, you reverse this wrong effect into right.
    just easy :)
    i had the same prob while set up my scn5´s.
    hope you understand it better now.
    best regards
    seppel
  6. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Thx your kindness, Seppel
    I ticked both of Dir on Surge (axis1 and axis2) to orange and they works well.
    Next step to tune them :)
    thx for the quick help
  7. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    May I ask one more?
    It's getting better, but one think is not really clear.
    I have 6 forces:Roll, pitch, yaw, etc.
    Shall I set all of these step by step on DOF1, DOF2, DOF3 and so on??? For example DOF1=Sway, DOF2=Surge, DOF+= yaw??
  8. seppel

seppel Member

Balance:
    224Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    one thing first: i´m a rookie with simtools and setting up my scn5´s, but i´ll do my best to help ;-)
    i do not know if there is one right way to set up your forces.
    i set up 4 (surge, sway heave, pitch) forces until now, and set up them like this:
    dof 1 sway, dof 2 surge, dof 3 heave, dof 4 pitch (on axis 1 & 2)
    the most important thing is that you adjust your axis with 100% max
    e.g sway 55% surge 30% heave 5% pitch 10% (on axis 1 & 2)
    for that you have to adjust the forces with the value in the tuning center.

best thing is, you play with the forces and try some different values until you think its ok. then make a
    video of your rig in action and post it. this try and error thing help me a lot to understand the software.
    for wich game do you set up simtools?
    best regards
    seppel
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Gelatin , @seppel has the right idea, or even better, do one force at a time, eg, DOF1 sway, set percentage at say 50%, go for a drive to make sure it leans the right way, change direction if you need to , then do a capture max min in tuning centre , save it, go for a drive, change the number, rinse repeat. Do this for each one separately (surge, heave, pitch, roll,) and write them down so you remember. Once you get a decent feeling on each, put them all in and go for a spin and make fine adjustments.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Thx for tips, helped so much :). I'm on it :)
    I tune my sim for LFS of course. It's my favorite. :)

Afterthat I'll check plugin list, because I still have rFactor, GTR, GTR2, GT Legends, GP legend, Richard Burns Rally, iRacing, Race07.
    They're will be good practice to learn this awesome Simtool. That's the second step.

One more thx for makers. Guys, I'm very satisfied and happy ;)

If I already can make videos or something like that, what is worthy of note, I will.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Is it right what Seppel said before?

"i set up 4 (surge, sway heave, pitch) forces until now, and set up them like this:
    dof 1 sway, dof 2 surge, dof 3 heave, dof 4 pitch (on axis 1 & 2)
    the most important thing is that you adjust your axis with 100% max
    e.g sway 55% surge 30% heave 5% pitch 10% (on axis 1 & 2)"

Is it wrong if the sum of the values is more than 100% ?
    for example DOf1 (Sway) is 60%, DOF2 (Surge) is 50%, DOF3 (pitch) 30%, DOF4 is 30% as well - Is it wrong, May I get overtuned actuators or not?

What you recommend about it?
  12. prodigy

prodigy Burning revs

Balance:
    6,698Coins
    Ratings:
    +399 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor, SCN5, JRK
    He probably ment that you adjust to use not more of 100% of each axis, I would probably go with 90% limit of movement for actuators. But this doesn't mean 100% of all combined forces.

You can put 100% of each force if you like, resulting with 400% by that logic, you will be out of you chair in the first turn :) But if you like it, it wouldn't be wrong.

It's all about your personal preference, I like more surge, more feeling for acceleration, but not too much sway, for leaning left right I use small amount. Then you can fine tune the strenght of the each force in the tuner.

But you don't need to calculate all combined forces to be 100%, for example by that formula someone could put 4 forces x 25%, and he will find it very weak. Of course you can turn that up. It's all about testing and testing and testing.. :)
  13. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  14. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Thx. :)
    I wanna keep myself in the seat :) Just why I asked, because 30-40% sway or Surge is not enough for me at all. I like to feel intensive movements, but wanna safe my SCN5's too. I waited for such a answer like this. Thx.
    My confortable set is around 60-80% of these forces with seatbelts. :) because no any good feelings at small cars...
  15. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    When I finish tuning, make some video at evening. Anyway, I don's see myself from back, so I like to see how actuators moves from that direction. :D
    I see sim of others to work, but not mine.
    Actually, seppel's sim seems good.
  16. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    made 1st video

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    srry I posted twice, unfortunatelly 1st wrong place

So,
    values:

speed: 19000
    accel. 890

Axis assign.:
    sway: 70
    surge: 70
    pitch: 20
    heave: 20
    roll: 20

It's quite fast and strong, but the car is 490 HP. It is smoother with small cars :)
    I like to feel more forces. I always use this intensity like this and there's no any problem with actuators for ages at all. Must note, I set amount of actuator axis level 90% all the time, I think this is the most important if you wanna protect your SCN5s

What you think bsft or any of you? Any suggestion?
    Do you tune filters?
  18. shanothegreat

shanothegreat Member Gold Contributor

Technician
    Balance:
    496Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT
    Hi Gelatin,
    I think it comes down to personal taste and driving ability. Your sim looks to be fairly smooth which could be your driving ability not necessarily a reflection of your state of tune.

I'm still learning in the tuning centre, there are so many variables. In my case because of the geometry of my actuators I have to add a little dead zone to the roll axis because it is too sensitive and can feel like I'm balancing on a ball.

Remember smooth is fast and the better your sim is set up will be directly reflected in your lap times.
  19. Gelatin

Gelatin Active Member

Balance:
    - 376Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Hi Shanothegreat!
    These notes are always useful. Thx for that.

I think understand you. But this setup still quite rude in this video anyway. Needs lot of fine tuning. Thats why I'm triing push the car over the limit on the tests today, use kerbs more intensively, use heavy brakes and massive throttle, or roll out of track to catch wrong and useless movements and set up at the tuning center.

I'm just in the middle of details. Try to find out what my SCN5 needs from these opportunities what Simtool can give. Lot of opportunity, lot of driving situation, lot of patient to make them smoother and smoother :)
    I'm still working on correct pitch and roll to feel climbs and slopes as well. After that I'll step forward to feel right on bumps, road details, heave and yaw. Don't know what is the right order to set, but I started with surge, sway, pitch and roll. Still have no final result to drop myselt to tuning center. So much information in my head :)

How you built your tuning up?

I'll try to use deadzone, but I even don't know what the smooth couse is. :)