1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

WMR Centre of rotation.

Discussion in 'VR Headsets and Sim Gaming - Virtual Reality' started by Bruceaust, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Bruceaust

Bruceaust Member

CNC Routing
    Balance:
    63Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Getting back into building motion Sim V3. I have learnt heaps from my 2 previous Sims. My current Sim (V2) is based on 2dof " joy rider" with a formula1 driving position, triple screens mounted on rig. It's fantastic, but.... My head moves alot because of the pivot point being just above my hips. Don't get me wrong, it has been and still is a really good Sim experience. But moving on (pardon the pun) a while ago I came to the conclusion that much better fidelity could be had if the pivot point of all motion should be at your eyes. I have been slowly chipping away at this concept and getting along with building V3 with this head/eyes pivot of rotation being the prime goal.

Enter,,.........WMR headset.
    Wow it has blown me away with the immersion.
    I will never go back to triples again!

As everyone using VR headsets with motion rigs comes to realises the motion of the rig feeds back into the headset view. I have read hear on these forums that motion cancellation is a solution.
    What I am attempting to do is to keep my head/eyes at the rotation point negating the need for any motion cancellation.
    What do think?
    Comments?
  2. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    With a 6DOF and the right software, I can adjust the roll center to anywhere I like. I try to keep it in its natural height in regard to the item being simulated.
  3. Bruceaust

Bruceaust Member

CNC Routing
    Balance:
    63Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thanks for youryreply.
    I am not aware of a software solution for WMR headsets as they use inside out scencing. I am only using 2 dof for motion. I have been thinking about the "head pivot" for a while now the original idea was to produce more realistic physics as your head does not move in the opposite direction to the g forces that trying to be simulated. As an aside to this I think the visuals inside the VR headset environment would be improved without the need for compensating software.-----becsuse your head/VR headset is not moving up and down or backward and forward due to the rotational arc of the rig when accelerating or de-accelerating.
  4. J-1775

J-1775 Aviator

Balance:
    1,507Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    SeatTime, what kind of 6DOF system and software are you speaking of. SimTools, OVRIE or a proprietary one?