1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Winch Motors

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by Blame73, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Blame73

Blame73 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,255Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,106 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    I'm having an hard time finding 12v geared motors in Italy, well, Europe.
    Shipping costs from Motiondynamics, pgsaw, ... are almost like motor themselves (motiondynamics=200€ motors + 200€ shipping!)
    I even tried buying from Alibaba but it's really a mess, I can't never go through the whole ordering process...

So, to replace the wiper motors, I was thinking about winch motors.
    I can find winches for about 70€/100€ each (0,7 kw / 0,9 CV - 12 V), but I still have a couple of questions:
    Are winches really that loud? I saw @Pit video, but couldn't really say if the noize is from the winches, or the rig itself
    Don't they really work with JRK12v12? I already used Arduino+MMs but I'd prefer staying with JRKs
    Are they difficult to disconnect from cables, ... to just have the motor?

Thanks for any infos on winches (or links to 12v motors in Europe)
  2. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,416Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Hi @Blame73 firstly, winches are solid and strong, pretty loud and heavy (weight). My winches are by accident not as loud as they w(s)ould be because of some tuning actions and because they mounted on absorbing (also heavy) stones. NTL after 2 or 3 years successfully driving I want to replace my winches and I am also looking for +300W gear motors in EU. BTW jrk12v12 are way too weak to handle the high current peaks of stronger winches (more than 300W), IMHO.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Blame73

Blame73 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,255Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,106 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    @Pit I finally managed to get answers from someone over Alibaba in China.

I asked info about these motors:
    https://longway.en.alibaba.com/product/235047101-0/WORM_GEAR_MOTOR.html

SPECIFICATION:
    MODEL, VOLTAGE, N·MTORQUE, A CURRENT, rpm SPEED, RATIO, (W)(Power)

90ZYJ08, 12, 22.5, 50, 75 ± 10%, 50:1, 350

The price si really good, 69€ each, so 138€ for two motors
    BUT 137€ for DHL shipping (+15€ for PayPal)

Again, I'd have to pay the same price for motors and for shipping costs :(
  4. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,159 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    On the issue of how loud winch motors are; mine are very loud even with the insulated enclosure. Never really bothers me as I use headphones anyway.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1