1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Which PVC parts to use for Joyrider.?

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by lotada, Feb 19, 2009.

1. lotada

lotada New Member

coffe Roaster
    Balance:
    248Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello.. yesterday me and my father began to build joyrider.. but we have at begining few problems.. we made inside frame one and second.. but when we made the last biggest frame which is connected to the constructiion on the floor i was little bit rubbery.. cause when i take the frame from one side on other side it was so much deformating..so i want ask you which strength of pipes are u used for outside frame? i see on thabnos photos that also your outside frame is little bit deflected. i also debate about the changing the completely frames and construcitons i dont understand why is inside fram made by Two frames? itcouldnt be something like outside frame which is on bearings and inside frame which will be also on bearings ?? so why there is that croos between one and second inisides frame?if is anybody able to talk about that for example on skype? it will be so brilliant.. after this problem me and my father we bough the pipe 75 mm plastic.. and we will try make it froom this.. if it will be better.. bye Mila Czech...

Attached Files:

2. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Mila,

The inner section of the joyrider is made from two parts crossed to provide more mounting options for the peripherals (seat, LCD, pedals, etc), and better behavior in weight forces. Its described in detail in the original joyrider manual (contact me in PM for this later...).

I also have discussed in detail the need for reinforcement of the PVC pipes on certain locations, with Oscar here:
    http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/post13292.html#p13292

If you like redesign the arrangement of the PVC pipes, it would help if you posted some drawings or small models of the way you want to make it. We can then advice you if there are obvious fails in the design.

BTW, what is the thickness if those 75mm PVC pipes you show us in the photo? They look expensive!!!!! The PVC pipes I use are rated for 16ATM pressure (water network pressure)

Regards, Thanos
  3. Senetor

Senetor Member

Balance:
    594Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Mila, if the pipes you used are the same as the ones in the photo, they are made from Polypropylene which is soft and flexible and not hard like PVC.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polypropylene

Regards Senetor.