1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Where To Get Started?

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by tmod2441, Jul 6, 2009.

1. tmod2441

tmod2441 New Member

Fabricator
    Balance:
    455Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello fellow simmers. Forgive me if I sound like a complete idiot here but after hours of searching through all the fourms here I'm a bit confused as to how to get my own project going. I am working with a friend who lives in another state and we decided to take a shot at building one of these motion simulators for ourselves. We first came across Thanos' site which seemed to contain all the information for building one. However, upon discovering this site I further learned that many of you have moved on from the BS2 to the new AVR motion controller. We already purchased and started building the BS2 board but I cannot find much information on the implementation of it. Furthermore, it seems some of the parts we purchased are not the same as the PCB diagrams posted on Thanos' site, particularly the Paralax Basic Stamp Chip. The one we purchased is the PIC16C57C which is a 28 pin and the one shown on the PCB diagram of Thano's site is a 24 pin. So, without turning this question into a novel as if I haven't already done so, is would it be in our best interest as a couple of newbies to move on as well to the new AVR controller? Thank you so much.