1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Wheel looses center

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by Francisc, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Francisc

Francisc New Member

Balance:
    90Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    Hello
    I started to build a DIY wheel using:
    Black STM32 F407VE as the mainboard,
    OMRON E6B2-CWZ6C as encoder
    BTS7960 motor driver
    RS550s 18v motor
    noname PSU 12V 15A
    For software I am using EMC pro version.

Now I have 2 problems:
    1.When using the board STM32 and EMC pro, the wheel is loosing it's center. If I'm turning the wheel fast, from right to left or left to right, the wheek is loosing his center. I noticed that the right turn it's normal, but the left turn is so much slower.
    Using an arduino board with EMC lite, the wheel is fine.
    Could the SMT32 board be faulty?

2.Could the BTS7960 be burnt, even if the PSU does not provide over 43A? I was playing using the Arduino+EMC set up, and after crashing the car, the motor stopped working. If I plug it directly to the psu, the motor is working fine. But connecting it to the driver there is no sign of life.

(Here are 2 videos demonstrating how the wheel decenters STM32 and Arduino)