1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question What Motor to choose

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by gandolfo_o, Jul 3, 2018.

1. gandolfo_o

gandolfo_o New Member

Balance:
    58Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,

so I'm the new one... I've been reading for some time and now its time to begin planning.
    I would like to build a 3Dof platform simulator.
    Now I struggle with the motors, whether I choose wiper motors or choose some garage motors, cause they are cheaper and looks good. The datas are:
    24V
    220 RPM
    45W
    30Nm
    So what do you think? Is there anything I am missing?

Best
    G.
  2. F22raptom

F22raptom Member

Balance:
    271Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    That is probably fine. if its just for driving it just has to tilt you around a tiny bit (no fun)
  3. gandolfo_o

gandolfo_o New Member

Balance:
    58Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So, would 120W, 12V, 55RPM 90Nm brings more fun? Or what specs I have to look for?
  4. MarkusB

MarkusB Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    4,212Coins
    Ratings:
    +594 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    You could also look for second-hand wheel chair motors. They are 24V, have plenty of power and can be found on ebay for a reasonable price (at least in Germany). Plus, they sometimes have a kind of flange mounted to the axis, to which you can easily connect your lever.
  5. adgun

adgun Active Member

mechanic
    Balance:
    5,540Coins
    Ratings:
    +131 / 3 / -0
    24v 220 rpm 45watt and 30nm isnt right
    450 watt or 3nm makes more sense
  6. gandolfo_o

gandolfo_o New Member

Balance:
    58Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I was wondering,too, but it's on ebay. They sell.it as a window, or bbq motor.

And thanks for the wheelchair advice, I will have a look at it.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018