1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

VRgineers XTAL professional HMD

Discussion in 'VR Headsets and Sim Gaming - Virtual Reality' started by My.stAr, Sep 4, 2018.

1. My.stAr

My.stAr Active Member

Engineer
    Balance:
    1,064Coins
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor
    Hey guys,
    is someone planning to buy the XTAL?:D

https://vrgineers.com/xtal/

It reads amazing:

Main Specs
    • Resolution: 5120 x 1440 (2xQuad HD, i.e. 2560 x 1440 per eye)
    • Display Type: OLED with low latency, low persistence, faster color switching, better blacks, no blurring with fast movement
    • Field of view: 150º – 170º (based on focus setting)
    • Refresh rate: 70 Hz
    • Optics: Patented custom-designed aspherical exceptionally clear non-Fresnel VR lenses
    • Head Mount: Advanced hard head strap with genuine leather cushioning
    • Replaceable face cushions made out of genuine leather for high hygiene level

Features
    • AutoEye – automatic lens setting according to user’s interpupillary distance (IPD) using integrated eye cameras
      • IPD scale (combined): 56 – 68 mm
    • Integrated Leap Motion 2.0 hand tracking sensor
    • Integrated microphone with voice commands recognition system (accessible via Windows native drivers)
    • Support for usage with eye-glasses
      • XTAL is designed to be used with eye-glasses
      • Advanced adjustable focus allowing compensation for dioptries
    • Display Port 1.2 video cable (up to 10m metallic cable; 10+m by using optical fibre cable)
    • Built-in soundcard with audio jack
    • Multicast capability to connect multiple devices to one computer
    • NVIDIA VRWorks official support for a performance boost and advanced functions

Plus: It works with SteamVR.
    The only downside is the pricetag. Since it's a professional HMD it will cost several 1000 €.
    Still anyone who's gonna buy this toy? The sharpness is said to be crystal clear!
  2. Javo5

Javo5 Active Member

Balance:
    293Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
  3. runar totland

runar totland New Member

Balance:
    150Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Anyone seen swevivers review of Xtal? What a headset. :) a bit heavy, but I want..

Runing on native resolution, so way less GPU needed for a image quality killing anything else available. (ran on a 1080 gtx, not even Ti)

Pimax use only part of the screens - and upsample, zoom in etc... these guys do it the right way.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  4. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    Nice, but a bit too expensive for me. I should have a Pimax 8K X (4K native each eye) sometime this year if I am lucky.
  5. runar totland

runar totland New Member

Balance:
    150Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    To expensive for me too.. I am sticking with my HTC vive for now - adding the gear vr lense hack.

Ooor..

I have a feelthree sim on order, Feelvr DDwheel (if they ever deliver), and just bought Slaw rudder and VKB Hosas setup - this is already close to what the Xtal cost. :p

Soo, whats another 5k in the grand scheme of things? Cant take the money with me from this life. Will use the hacked HTC vive for a year or so.. and see if I suddenly feel the urge, and have money on my account. :-D Only downaside with these dreams - having the 5k on my account, that might be a showstopper, as there's never than much money on it.. Lol..

edit: checked pimax 8k x - nice. :) However one thing i liked with xtal was low gpu need. 1080 gtx wrks nicely.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019