1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Bug VR WMR SteamVR, increase game manager cpu

Discussion in 'SimTools Pro & Entertainment Version' started by Trigen, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Windows 1903
    SteamVR 1.5.16
    Simtools 2.4 pro license

.net repair is already done.

Got an issue with game manager cpu usage. (when game engine running)
    With only default programs and no antivirus up it sits around 5-7% (sits at around 2-4% after no input on comp for a while but goes to 7% and back sometimes)
    With WMR cliff house up its 11-12%
    With steamVR it goes to 22% and hovers from 15-17% sometimes to 22% It does sometimes go down to 14% it varies
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,195Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,037 / 16 / -0
    What antivirus are you using buddy?
    Are you using the v2.4 released version?
    What game are you playing with steam? WMR cliff house?
    Is there a plugin for that?
  3. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Bitdefender total security 2019
    Simtools 2.4

The usage is more or less the same in and out of game. Ive been testing it a bit now with rfactor 2 and Assetto Corsa. Mostly it will sit around 15-16% spiking to 19%
    WMR Cliff house is the windows mixed reality VR startup program that runs in the background. I have a Aamsung odyssey first gen

For the most part it will rise 5-% upon starting WMR then another 8-10% when starting SteamVR, stay like that for a while and then average around 16% for a few minutes and have some drops to around 1-11% From here it can vary up and down within the 11-16% range. In game its mostly around 16%

After a session with Rfactor 2 before it was sitting at 20% until a computer restart.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,195Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,037 / 16 / -0
    Does not sound right to me buddy, my total usage is less that 5%.
    Starting a outside app that has nothing to do with SimTools and should not affect its usage any.
    Maybe white list SimTools in your antivirus app or a re-installation of SimTools would work?

Did you upgrade or was it a clean installation of SimTools?
    Chat soon,
    yobuddy
  5. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Its a clean install of Simtool but with the profiles from previous version
    I had an issue where Acronis true image active protection would interfere and cause high cpu usage with simtools before but white listing simtools solved it. True image is turned completely off. It is white listed in Bitdefender and i cant find any other program that scans my computer.

Starting GTA V. simtools will drop to around 1.8-2.2% and sit there before rising again on game exit. Brothers in arms hells highway has no effect. Guessing it has something to do with total cpu usage of the game.

I see the ram usage is constantly changing 54.6-55.3 too

Why it will rise when starting the VR applications is anyone's guess.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019