1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules
  1. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    Hi just seen this and thought be a good link.
    Vr can be a pain to get right and here is a guide to vr and optimising your pc for vr use.

I am going to do tests with this ok to see what works and does nothing, i have finally built my i7 pc and it is running so its sat on a fresh build stock and doing some benchmarks.
    Then i will mess about and see what changes happen to actual real world use.
    I will do a small over clock aswell on cpu and gpu to see differences too.

http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-3079723/optimize.html
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Zed

Zed VR Simming w/Reverb Gold Contributor

Balance:
    5,834Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    It's been my experience that overclocking can be extremely valuable for VR. VR is a bit odd in that it can be a small step between 45 fps with reprojection and full true 90 fps rendering. All you need to do is be near that edge and just about anything can drop your frames into reprojection territory or boost them up to the bliss of rendering every frame.

I was experimenting yesterday with AC's OpenVR render stats and what it took to go between reprojection and full rendering. When you are near the edge it's not much. I could sit on the side of the road and let all the AI drive the course. As they would start to approach, with my settings up way high and a pack of complicated AI cars, my frames would go from 90fps, drop to 45 as they would be rendered and push the system just past the threshold to have a frame ready, and then go back to a full 90 again after the cars all passed and disappeared. Right on the edge with that car and those settings.

If people are near those edges, an overclock can make a big difference. But it also may not if you are far from that edge. VR is a weird beastie in that respect.

Thanks for the link!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    The main issues is optimisation i think as cpu and gpu usage can be terrible and effecting it all.
    Trick setup to a vr heavy track with all cars, i use spa.
    Also if you can turn off asw then you will see how mich you are losing in frames to why it drops to 45fps that way you can see if it only a few fps or lots fps missing.
    Ctrl n numpad 1 i think.
    Also run debug tool to see all whats going on then while you race, youbcan learn alot.
    But i still think games are not work with software and drivers ect... its far too varied with different games tbh.