1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

VM110 wireing?

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by 94za4, Jan 27, 2007.

1. 94za4

94za4 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just got my RnR and the VM110 card in. I have tested the RNR wusing the serial connection, now I would like to try to hook up the VM110. I am not clear on how to wire it, the VM110 has 8 input ports, but I count 16 wires to the original board, is one a common ground? I am not real clear on the schematic. If anyone can give me any details it would be helpfull.

Andrew
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Ich glaube ihn verwirrt, dass er 8 Anschlüsse an der VM110 hat, aber 16 Kabel;
    Er weiss nicht, was er mit den übrigbleibenden 8 Kabeln anfangen soll.

Ich habe solch eine Karte nicht, aber ich denke mal, dass jedes Ventil zwei Kabel hat; Also Plus und Minus.

Werden die Minus Kabel vielleicht an einem Anschluss an der Karte gebündelt?
  3. 94za4

94za4 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You got it egoexpress, I am not sure if they all have a common ground or what. I am also confused by the drawing, maybe it because of the German language, but I just cant seem to make hed or tails of it.

Also, is the VM110 powered only bey the USB, or do you need to hook power in to it as well?
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Please wait for Renoboss's reply; I'm not familiar with this board
  5. 94za4

94za4 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK, I think I am close. I now get the card to respond with lights. When I enable the Profiler and Sender I can see that it is sending data to the board and out, the output lights light up when I move the stick. The chair still does not move though, and I am not sure why. I have the original RnR power supplu hooked up to the clamp terminal with a 1N4007 diode in line. I have the negitive going to the ground' right next to it, also this is where the second wire from the actuators goes as well. Is this correct or did I hook it up wrong. Like I said, the card does respond, but the chair does not move.

Andrew
  6. 94za4

94za4 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK, I will give that a try. I am sorry for all the confusion on my part. The Germa to English translation is iffy at best. Most of the time it makes no sense whatsoever. I have read and re-read, but most of it still does not make a lot of sense.

Andrew
  7. 94za4

94za4 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK, I got it working!!!! One quick question. When pitchi9ng forward it pulses only, not a steady rush of air like full deflection on the other axis. Is tis normal, can it be changed? I would like quicker response time to forward movement.

Andrew
  8. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Congratulations! You havent destroyed the valves :mrgreen:

Its because the forward movents normally go faster because of the weight of the monitor. I assume you have a TFT.
    I think there is a way to change that, but dont know how
  9. 94za4

94za4 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I have a flat pannel on there. Maybe I can add some weight someplace so it moves a little faster.

Also, if I try my larger compressor at 3-4 bars, will that make it move faster?
  10. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hallo
    ich würde ein zusatz gewicht unter den monitor setzen. bei mir habe ich ohne monitor 10 -12 kg dazugenommen.ohne steht er in der null position zu hoch.