1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Virtual PC XP mode usb virtual com issue

Discussion in 'XSimulator Q&A/FAQs - Outdated' started by bleco, Oct 1, 2010.

1. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I am currently testing the profiler/sender in different environments since I am having some random issues running all apps on Win 7 x64.

I tried to setup the virtual PC/XP mode in Win 7 x64 and I am having an issue with the detected and available USB devices I can 'link' in XP mode.

I am using Devantech USB-RS485 adapters and they are both detected as 'available to link' in XP mode but I can't enable both of them at the same time since they are detected as the same COM-driver.

Does someone else encountered this issue ? Is there any workaround?

I tried to copy/rename the .inf file and tried to point the path of the second virtual com to it but I am getting 'Win7 cannot find the driver error'...

I hope I was clear enouph ...

Bleco
  2. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    The controllers should be installed and work properly in windows 7 before you start the xp mode.
    XP mode should recognize them properly after than.

Is it possible to rename them in in xp mode in the control panel -> system -> hardware?

Btw. My profiler is working well with windows 7 64bit

BR René
  3. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

thx for the replies ...

@sirnoname: I have also tested Virtual Box and same issue ... Did not try VMware but I am pretty sure same thing will happen.

@ raceway: both usb virtual com are working properly in Win7x64 ... Issue only occurs in virtual XP installations ... I think the only way to rename on of them is in the .inf file itself but I just don't know exactly what lines to edit.

Bleco