1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Velleman K8063, desktop gauges and X- sim 2.1.0.3 questions

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by kikie, Sep 26, 2009.

1. kikie

kikie New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Today I finished the first part of my first very little project :yes: , the Velleman K8063 gear indicator and it's working perfectly.
    Now onto the next part of this first very little project, namely make it work with race games (sims).
    I've downloaded the latest x-sim software but I don't know how or what I have to do with this software and the gear indicator to make it work.

Can someone help? :blush:

There is also the problem that I tried to create a desktop gauges, using mboRacing's image: http://www.x-simulator.de/wiki/Image:Gauge1-1.gif and this: http://www.x-simulator.de/wiki/General_gauge_setup which didn't work because I forgot to look at this: http://www.x-simulator.de/wiki/Text_gau ... ion_output which I can't find in the x-sim software.

You see, I seem to have a lot of problems.

Thanks to mboRacing to help me with the Velleman K8063.
  2. mboRacing

mboRacing Member Gold Contributor

Automatiker
    Balance:
    - 131Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
  3. kikie

kikie New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    T-h-a-n-k y-o-u very much.

I really appreciate this!
  4. kikie

kikie New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got it working on Race07 demo, again thanks to mboRacing's help. :yippiee:

Now, my next question. How do I get it to work with a very old but fun game; 1nsane?

And with; netKar Pro, Shift, Superstars V8 Racing? Is there some file that has to be edited? Or does it require new plugins for these games (sim)?

Next thing I want to try is the desktop gauges.