1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Using Two Computers

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by terry wells, Mar 22, 2015.

1. terry wells

terry wells Active Member

retired military
    Balance:
    734Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    When I connect my motion platform to the game DCS World, all works well, however when I connect it to the game with Helios and EMC running, the motion will not work. If I were to use two computers (one for sims and the other for the game ,Helios, and EMC, would it all work? and also could I connect sims to another computer using a Crossover Cable instead of IP Address?

Thank You
    Terry
  2. terry wells

terry wells Active Member

retired military
    Balance:
    734Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    So now I see that I can use a crossover cable. Does one still need to install as if I were using IP address? Also I am not sure but does the motion platform (Adruino and Moto monster boards) connect to the #2 computer (USB)? I think they do.

Forgive me for posting this stupid question. If I would have looked a little harder I see that all my questions were asked and "answered". again, sorry for the inappropriate question.

Terry
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015