1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Using the same force(sway) 2 times in 1 axis

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by GiovanniWig, Jan 12, 2023.

1. GiovanniWig

GiovanniWig Sir

Engineer
    Balance:
    - 50Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, Motion platform
    Hi, I have a linear actuator that im using for seat belt tensioner. Usually people use 2 motors for seat belt tensioner but im using only one.

Everything is working great but I want to do some improvements. I already have surge working. When I accelerate the actuator moves down pressing the seat belt. Simulating the gforce pushing you on the seat.

I was able to do sway but only for one side, for example I have +1 on the sway part of tunning center so when I turn right on rfactor 2 the actuator goes down simulating the lateral gforce( is not ideal, because you would want only one side of the seat belt going down, but you need 2 motors for that but regardless still works for me) and the negative value is 0 so when I turn left the actuator don't move up.

But im not able to use the sway force again in the same axis. That would solve my problem so when I turn left the actuator could go down again. Right now I'm using the traction loss option for when I turn left the actuator go down. But the ideal would be for me to use the sway force again in a inverted position. Is there a solution for that?

Thanks
  2. GiovanniWig

GiovanniWig Sir

Engineer
    Balance:
    - 50Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Another question. My actuator always start from the middle position, it is possible on simtools to make it start at max lenght position? Since the forces i use only go down and dont go up.
  3. KydDynoMyte

KydDynoMyte Fool's Gold Contributor

Balance:
    92Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    What if for that force you manually enter an unbalanced min/max in tuning center using the middle of the game data range for min and keep the max the same? Or vice versa.
  4. GiovanniWig

GiovanniWig Sir

Engineer
    Balance:
    - 50Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Can you give a example? Thanks for the post
  5. GiovanniWig

GiovanniWig Sir

Engineer
    Balance:
    - 50Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Another example for a reason to be able to use the same force more than once per axis is heave.

When I configure heave on my simulator some times I use small percentage on the actuators without smoothing for feeling the curbs better without losing detail with small range of motion and not too shaky.

But with that the range of motion is small and I barely feel the up and down movement of weight transfer on long straights for example. But when I use a big percentage number with smoothing I can feel all those weight transfer movements but loose the small curb details.

If I had the option to configure 2 heave forces on the same axis I think I would be able to have both details without one interfering with the other one.

I already kind of did that with the sway and traction loss forces on the same axis.
    With sway configured only for left turns and traction loss only for right turns.

How hard would be to implement that option of repeating forces on same axis on simtools? Or there is another way to do that.
  6. Gadget999

Gadget999 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    11,610Coins
    Ratings:
    +458 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    You can allocate a second controller and then apply sway again to it iirc what version of simtools ?
  7. GiovanniWig

GiovanniWig Sir

Engineer
    Balance:
    - 50Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I tried something like that. I went to the interface settings part of simtools and created a new interface(2) but since it uses the same com port it gave me the bip (when com port is in use) error for the 2nd interface. So I was only able to use one. I'm using Simtools 2.5.
  8. KydDynoMyte

Balance:
    92Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Can you post a pic of your tuning center settings?
  9. GiovanniWig

GiovanniWig Sir

Engineer
    Balance:
    - 50Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi everybody. I talked with yobuddy, and as always the staff and people of this comunity are awesome and always trying to help.

He said 2 forces in the same axis and starting lenght of the axis and unique direction are now available on simtools v3 and he said that officialy is not available on simtools v2. So there is the update if anyone has the same question. If someone managed to achieve that on v2 let me know.

If someone has some coins to spare i would appreciate. I need 180 coins to download some updated plugins.

Thank you
  10. KydDynoMyte

Balance:
    92Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Maybe not what you are looking for but I believe if the force min max you have on the axis is for example -10 to +10 if you change the max to 0 and leave the min at -10, 0 would now be on one end instead of the middle and -10 on the other end. You cut out the the upper telemetry (0 to +10) you didn't use and stretched what you do use (-10 to 0) over the whole axis. Making the game data origin one end of the axis instead of the middle of it.
  11. GiovanniWig

GiovanniWig Sir

Engineer
    Balance:
    - 50Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thanks for the reply. I tried that but the actuator was still in the middle.