1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question US Alternative to EluFlex?

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by FourOff, Aug 26, 2022.

1. FourOff

FourOff New Member

Balance:
    47Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Hey All,
    My rig sits on a frame to hold all the feet in place (and where I mounted casters so I can roll it around as needed). I originally started with the 3D printed cups. Broke those, modified them to be beefier (where they bolt to angle iron brackets below), and got annoyed how much noise they made. Tried sanding and even filling with body filler to try and smooth them out, but never found anything that worked to quiet them down so I tried the recommendation to use those rubber "chair wheel stops."

IMG_2816.jpeg

I took some 3/4" MDF sheets to make (temporary) mounts for them (routered out a space for the pads to sit in), then managed to break everything when the actuators punched through the middle of the front two plates. Switched from MDF to plywood, which has held up so far, but I'm wearing through another set of rubber pads so it's time to switch to a more permanent solution...
    IMG_2828.jpeg

I've seen some folks with these EluFlex bushings and they seem to have had a good experience with them, but they won't ship to the US. Anybody know of any alternatives I can get in the US or another option I should look into for a sturdy, quiet mounting option?
    upload_2022-8-26_13-8-52.png