1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Upgrade 2DOF to 4DOF Arduino Sabertooth

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Manes, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Manes

Manes Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    189Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys. I go to upgrade my 2 dof to 4dof. For the moment the idea is to put one motor for corner. In a future i Will build a new chasis with 3 dof + traction Lost but now is more easy mod the chasis with one motor for corner. I have one sabertooth 2x60 and one sabertooth 2x32. I Hope this is not a problem for don't are the same sabertooth. I go to use 2 Arduino, interface 1 and interface 2 in simtools. The configuration of axis is axis 1 and 2 in interface 1 and axis 3 and 4 in interface 2. The schematic conection of the Arduino is the same in 1 and 2? I need to change some conection in Arduino? What forces can i apply in a 4 dof whith this construction? Motor 1 and 2 is in the front or behind?
    Thanks for help guys.
    Have a nivel day

Attached Files:

2. seuszok

seuszok Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    485Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi :)
    You have an idea how that construction will look?
    If You want to add 2 actuators I supose You want to eliminate joint, in other way that will nothing change.
    Constructions 2dof balansing on joint, redece power needet to operate. If You want put higher frame on 4 motors only - will be necesary more powerfull motors. I use 200-300w motors and they are not so strong as I have found out :)
  3. Manes

Manes Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    189Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hi. The motors are ok for the sim.
    Can you help me arround Arduino and his configuration with smc3 and sabertooth?
  4. seuszok

seuszok Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    485Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Look in my thread (link below) I was use 2 arduinos . I was use IBT-2 . Ask if something not clear