1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

unojoy arduino + force feedback

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by Dini200, May 31, 2016.

1. Dini200

Dini200

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi , i use the steering unojoy for me , and I want to ask if anyone could use unojoy with force feedback ? How to?
    im following https github com/AlanChatham/UnoJoy

Thank you for the help
  2. ferslash

ferslash Active Member

Balance:
    4,798Coins
    Ratings:
    +181 / 2 / -0
    i did not got your question :( ... i was playing with unojoy, but it only turns the arduino into a joystick... how are you planning to get the force-feedback?

best regards
  3. Dini200

Dini200

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes , I want to connect with simtools unojoy , but I do not know how?
    how to get force feedback with unojoy ?
  4. ferslash

ferslash Active Member

Balance:
    4,798Coins
    Ratings:
    +181 / 2 / -0
    Short answer us you cant... if you search in the forum there is a group of topics about periferics... there are one or two diy ffb sterring whells... but ad far as i can tell. Making a ffb wheel is as expensive and hard as making a sim... i think in terms of money the best bet is buying a used ffb wheel... i did so.

If you make it you wilk need a wheel, a mitor, a motor controler, a power source, an arduino and some , way of force transmition... with that you can make a nice seat mover instead

Best regards
  5. Dini200

Dini200

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @ferslash sory for my english
    I so pessimistic to be able to solve it : D
    is there any other way to make FFB at a low cost ?
    I was keen to make the FFB arduino
  6. ferslash

ferslash Active Member

Balance:
    4,798Coins
    Ratings:
    +181 / 2 / -0
    man, your english is better than mine :D!!!

take my answer as a starting point... if you want to do it try it :D maybe you can surprice us all :D

here is a link of what they have made:

http://www.xsimulator.net/community...el-direct-drive-by-racingmat.6309/#post-70295

they say 800 euros is the budget.... but i am shure you can work arround it.... but... as i said... maybe you can get a nice used ffb for less... i got a used old sidewinder (ultra old) ffb wheel for less 30 usdlls, and it works as a sharm.

fer
    (but i insist... if you want to do it... try, you can get somewhere)
  7. Dini200

Dini200

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @ferslash
    I was so stupid to do so .:D:D
    how about this picture ? whether it can connect with simtools ? I do not understand
    [​IMG]
  8. ferslash

ferslash Active Member

Balance:
    4,798Coins
    Ratings:
    +181 / 2 / -0
    that picture is the basic schem of "getting data from sim tools, and send it to a motor...

(note that almost always the potentiometer and the motor are physicly "connected")

that schem works for one degree of freedom in a sim or for your motor :D

the thinkg is that when you pull data out of simtools, you need to pull the tire data so you get force feedback to your wheel)

have you seen the link i post???
  9. ferslash

ferslash Active Member

Balance:
    4,798Coins
    Ratings:
    +181 / 2 / -0
    mmm i am whatching your pic again... and i see that the stuff i think is a potentiometer may not be a pot... i has 4 pines.... so... i am lost... you may ask for help to the big guys here ::D:D:D:D:D