1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Turbulence

Discussion in 'Flight Simulator 2020 - FS2020' started by Keith, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Keith

Keith Active Member

Electrician
    Balance:
    118Coins
    Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hey guys. Can anyone feel turbulence with there setups? I have being playing around with the heave numbers but I can't really feel much. I do feel alot while landing or on runways though
  2. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    What sim are you playing? Some sims like DCS don't have any real turbulence.
  3. Keith

Keith Active Member

Electrician
    Balance:
    118Coins
    Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Fs2020. I just tried some windy landing challenges and I think I could feel the turbulence a bit. Need to do some more tweaking I think
  4. PeterW

PeterW alias Wickie

Dipl. Ing. Mb (FH)
    Balance:
    1,608Coins
    Ratings:
    +360 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi Keith,
    I was also searching for the perfect feeling of turbulece for a looong time. I tested so many settings in mover-interface, but allways when I increased some gain to feel turbulence, the rest of the simulation was much too agresive.
    BUT later I found a workaround for this: I use heave for the feeling of turbulence, increase the input gain a lot and then I apply a crash-filter to cut off the too agresive movements and make everything smooth. I can say, now the feeling of turbulence and really flying is sooooo amazing!
    But in my case, I have a 6DOF - so can use heave.
    If you have a 3 DOF with a central pivot point you have to try a different DOF.
    I hope this information will help you to improve your feeling of turbulence.
    Wickie
  5. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    Having tried most of the available MSFS heave plug-ins for FlyPt, SRS and Simtools. Simtools works the best IMO. You can add heave DOF to a seat mover, just keep the heave movements small, so that it does not turn into a surge.
  6. Keith

Keith Active Member

Electrician
    Balance:
    118Coins
    Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thanks for the responses guys. I am using a 6dof now. so I will definitely give Peter's method a try!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. sallerding

sallerding Member

Balance:
    326Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi Peter are you able to share your profile on flypt ? I would love to see your settings for turbulence. But also how you may have treated other treatments like landing gear turbulence, flaps and speedbrake. I understand emalp and emahp, but what are you referring to as a crash filter??. Thx for any help.