1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tuning Center with Dual PC's

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by kopper, Feb 16, 2015.

1. kopper

kopper Member

Balance:
    3,343Coins
    Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Researching here leads me to believe that I can change min/max numbers in Tuning Center "on the fly" without having to stop the game if I set up Game Engine on a second PC. Is that correct? Just want to double check before I put together another PC and put a second NIC in the game PC. Thanks!
  2. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,495Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    You can change min/max numbers in Tuning Center "on the fly" without having to stop the game even if you set up Game Engine on the same PC.
    Just click on "Capture Max Min" and adjust the values. Then click on "Save New Settings" and on "Stop Capture".
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. kopper

kopper Member

Balance:
    3,343Coins
    Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm, I could not get it to work while tuning last night but now that I think about it I may have been hitting "Stop Capture" before "Save New Settings". I'll play with it some more tonight.

What are the advantages of dual PC's?
  4. value1

Balance:
    14,495Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    I have the game running on one PC with tripple screen and GameEngine on another PC. So I can fiddle with the GameEngine or with the JRK's or … while the game is still running on all three screens. I just find it handy.
    And the GameEngine PC doesn't have to be a powerful machine anyway. Just some old PC laying around.
  5. kopper

kopper Member

Balance:
    3,343Coins
    Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @value1!

I think I'd find that handy too. Will give it a go.
  6. kopper

kopper Member

Balance:
    3,343Coins
    Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    BTW - What size screens are you running on the triples? I am having a hard time deciding on 24" or 27" The fact that I already have one 24" is making it tougher. Just curious. Thanks again!
  7. value1

Balance:
    14,495Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    Size does matter ;) I have about 3×40" with 3 projectors.
    See here the details.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. kopper

kopper Member

Balance:
    3,343Coins
    Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Darnit, I knew that! Hard to remember what everyones setup is. :think
  9. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Btw @kopper, if your definition of “On the fly” only means without stopping the game to adjust tuning numbers then you can do that. If your definition means, “while on the move”, then while technically you can do that too, you probably don’t want to. You still have to turn on capture in order to manually adjust tuning numbers so if your vehicle is moving you may end up fighting with automatically captured values. But it would be rather difficult to try to manually adjust tuning numbers yourself while driving at the same time anyway even when using a 2nd PC.
  10. kopper

kopper Member

Balance:
    3,343Coins
    Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Good input @BlazinH but, yes, I do mean without having to stop the game not while actually driving too. I could not imagine trying to type in numbers since I have a hard enough time keeping the car on track while just driving - lol. I can see what you mean about values changing and messing with things then too.