1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tuning Center Theory/Explanation?

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by rundmg, Nov 26, 2014.

1. rundmg

rundmg Member

Web & iOS Developer + Marketing & Design
    Balance:
    401Coins
    Ratings:
    +98 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Hello,
    I have some questions on how the tuning center values really effect the motion. I guess my question is how does that number affect the value it is reading from the games plugin?

is this correct or way off base?

Roll and Sway make sense to always be the same, simply because you always want them the same since a car is going to roll and sway equally to the left and right and you can just increase how sensitive you want that (by lowering the tuning center values) or decrease it by raising the value.

For Surge and pitch am i right in assuming the top value is the forces in the forward direction. that is when you break it is using the value you have on the top of the range. Therefore when you accelerate it is using the value on the bottom of your range (the negative number) to determine how much to move the axis.

Therefore; if you have a values of say -1 to 10 for surge you car will be much more sensitive to your acceleration than your breaking? or to re-ask the question in a different way would this mean the game would have to give me a surge value of 10+ before it would achieve 100% of the available axis for that force and only 1+ for surge value in the opposite direction?

My last question is what is the math behind the value i have entered and the value the game is reading. Does it divide the value that is read by the value I have entered and use that as a percentage of its available axis to use? IE if i have my top value for surge set to 10 and i press the breaks and the game gives Sim tools the value of 5 i would then get 5/10 = .5 = 50% of the axis that the force is allowed to use?
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. rundmg

rundmg Member

Web & iOS Developer + Marketing & Design
    Balance:
    401Coins
    Ratings:
    +98 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Thanks @bsft Ive actually read your write up a few times to get started, it and the documentation online helped me get a profile setting that i like for each game I just more or less wanted to understand the 'under the hood' stuff that it was doing so i better understood why the values i was setting were achieving the desired results if that makes sense
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  5. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,171Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    The larger the value, the less sensitive it is to the incoming values.
    The direction depends on how the developer of the plugin presents the info into SimTools. (most are the same thou)
    And the output direction depends on how you assign output in your axis profiles.

In short thou, its just finding the percentage of the axis used.
    I hope this answers your question?
    yobuddy
    • Informative Informative x 2