1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

This is all new to me, have many questions

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by treeman7199, Jun 23, 2009.

1. treeman7199

treeman7199 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What do the numbers in the force profiler mean?
    are they positions? or voltages?

If they are positions, how do I better understand them?

I am referring to the Pitch,Roll & Yaw Numbers
    and the lat. and Long. force numbers as well

Please explain these numbers

Thanks

Steve-
  2. stowaway

stowaway New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Attached Files:

3. treeman7199

treeman7199 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, stowaway, but I have read all that. Still not quite sure what they mean. Anyone else have any
    answers?
  4. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    The numbers in the profiler? Well, there are alot of number sin the Profiler, but I will take a stab at answering your question.

Each output type for a game plugin has a number assigned to it. For example, Yaw, Pitch and Roll each have a distinct number assigned. This is so that you can refer to that number in the math setup section as the input that you wish to use. Each of these game outputs/profiler inputs has a value. The profiler shows the current value once the game is running and you have pressed the start button.

These numbers are not voltages, but a representation of an in-game position for the axis that you are viewing.
  5. treeman7199

treeman7199 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks bvillersjr ,

Can you help me better understand these positions, are they coordinates? do they range from 0- some number?
    or are there negitive numbers also. Im trying to figure out how to read these values so I can better understand
    what my car is doing on the track, and how I can incorperate these numbers into my simulator. Im am using an
    industrial motion controller that has a postition tracking mode that can turn these numbers into motion.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks>
  6. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    1. Open the profiler.
    2. Open the Sender.
    3. Select a plugin in the Force Sender.
    4. Press the 'try send data' button in the Sender.
    5. Go back to the profiler and click the Input Setup button.
    6. You will see a description of what each effect is.

The values of each of these items is derived from a value in the games memory and can be manipulated / assigned to your profile in the Math settings section.

Getting these values to your specific hardware depends on what type of interface your hardware has. Please describe it further.Someone else may have already had experience with the same interface.

This page shows the values and explains that math section converts them to 32-bit values. http://www.x-simulator.de/beta/html/input_setup.html
  7. treeman7199

treeman7199 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0