1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Thanos AMC1280USB

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by Jerry Atrick, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Jerry Atrick

Jerry Atrick this is my sim Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    1,414Coins
    Ratings:
    +44 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Hi all has Thanos supplied a manual for the AMC1280USB, or did I miss it!:oops:

I've sent mail him but, alas no reply.:(

Regards Jerry.

2. RandomCoder

RandomCoder Active Member Gold Contributor

Control Engineer
    Balance:
    1,674Coins
    Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jerry,

From what I gather Thanos is a little behind with the manual but has stated that the old manual 'mostly' still applies. All information to date is available on his site... http://motionsim.blogspot.co.uk/p/links-and-info.html

Halfway down the page you will find the following paragraph....
    Regards,
    RandomCoder
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jerry Atrick

Jerry Atrick this is my sim Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    1,414Coins
    Ratings:
    +44 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Hi and thanks RandomCoder, I will take a peek at the PDF.

Regards Jerry.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. GT3 Porsche

GT3 Porsche New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    271Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    i m using the amc on my 6dof rig plus Thanos was able to jail break the Chinese closed motion software {man is a genius}
    • Like Like x 2
  5. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    now it is possible with the new firmware and the new plugin to use all the AMC functions. I'm testing these days with the demo and lfs.

I think very soon I will definitely go to simtools

ora è possibile con il nuovo firmware e il nuovo plugin utilizzare tutte le funzioni della AMC. Sto testando proprio in questi giorni con la demo e lfs.
    Penso molto presto passerò definitivamente a simtools
  6. Dirty

Dirty Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

All the way up front.
    Balance:
    7,832Coins
    Ratings:
    +864 / 2 / -0
    Hey :)

Has a manual become available for the AMC1280 in the meantime? I am specifically looking for stuff on how to wire the limit switches and how to use sensors in Multiturn. I know there is a lot available in all kind of places/forums/blogs/dropbox, but I am REALLY missing a proper manual/documentation/tutorials.

Help desperately needed!!!:sos

Dirty :(
  7. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,699Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    You can wire limit switches for DC drives and AC VFD inverters that use DIR digital signals for direction. Not possible at the moment with sabertooth that only take 1 single unidirectional speed signal.

Also i didn't make public in the firmware the multi turn code for SSI 12bit sensors, as it was a bit unreliable to detect full rotations in higher speeds. Instead i developed the Encoder2position module that reads quadrature encoders that can be placed in systems that require multiple turns (like servomotor linear actuators) and convert the output feedback to a 12bit analog signal ( finite 4096 positions).

Thanks
    Thanos