1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Team XSimulator Racing Servers

Discussion in 'Virtual Racing League' started by bvillersjr, Nov 22, 2009.

?

If there was a Team X-Sim Racing server for your favorite game and mod, would you use it?

1. No - i have only few free time to drive

9 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. Yes - i want to be a part of a X-SIM VR league

37 vote(s)
    67.3%
  3. No - i drive on other servers / other leagues

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. No - i prefer to build, not to drive

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  5. No - other reasons

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Some time ago, we took a vote about which game to use for our game server. I am now in a position to be able to offer the community multiple game servers.

Currently, we have an rFactor server that is running the SimCo Megane Mod v1.1.

I built a GTR2 server today it is nearly ready for testing. I am contemplating either a Race 07 or GTR Evolution Server as well.

If you have any opinions about mods or games that we should offer racing servers for, then please post here so that we can collect enough information to take a vote.

@RaceRay
    Can we please have a vote for the following items? I would like to try to understand why there is very little participation in our races.

-How many online races do you participate in per week?
    -If there was a Team X-Sim Racing server for your favorite game and mod, would you use it?

-What vehicles (mod) should be used on the GTR2 server?
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
  2. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,839Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi Bernard,

i wonder if your are able to do polls by yourself. I checked your forum permissions. Should be no problem to make a vote but i like to do that for you.

I assume the x-sim community is currently not attractive enough to meet for other issues than the motion simulator building theme. So what can we / i do to create not only a builder community, but also to become a place to meet friends and drive together?

The X-SIM community edition is a good step, but i think a teamspeak / mamble server http://mumble.sourceforge.net/ is still necessary.

Berney, you use a realtime stat map for rfactor on your site. Can we use it for x-sim? The old league system i implemented was too much complicated for a simple friends - meet and drive site.

Suggestions:
    • - Teamspeak/Mumble
    • - Nice looking X-SIM painted cars for most common cars to show the affinity of our members on racing-tracks
    • - On the website, first page, a small box with server stats, IP, online status, currently driven track and members online status to show what is going on.
    • - A one click weblink to join a game (afaik its possible with rfactor)
    • - Sponsoring by commercial members in a way of offering a prize for a won race.
    • - More grafic design on the X-SIM VR part on our website.

More ideas?

br
    René
    -
  3. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi,

GTREvolution is the game i play mostly online, i would surely participate in your server!
    About mods, i don't play a lot of mods in GTRE, but i do play add-on tracks that i installed. usually i play GT class and up, because the slower cars are not as much fun with motion enabled ;) Teamspeak is a good idea, i used it in my old league.

Regards,

Rob
  4. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    It seems I do. Thanks for pointing that out. I never noticed!

Agreed. I am still waiting for the TeamSpeak release since public opinion seems to be that Mumble works well for 1:1 conversations, but does not perform well with many drivers talking over each other. However, maybe we should try Mumble in the interim.

Yes, you may use the realtime stats here at X-Sim as well. I will also be implementing it into the Commander. The nice thing with this implementation is that we get the raw data feed from the game and can customize the map however we choose.

I will think through some sponsorship ideas and PM you. With regard to the web link, I'm afraid that the security settings of newer browsers may not allow this without some other code being written and signed. I will investigate this further.

Once more, it's good to have you back RaceRay! I hope that we can make some good progress this winter.
  5. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Nima and I had some good fun on the server tonight with Megane 1.1 :)
  6. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It wars many good fun tonight. :clap: :clap: :clap:
  7. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is wars nice wy can have a rave statistik on x-sim and a statistik with the time were the other guys are on server.
    the megane 1.1 is a nice mod.
    i hope wy can build a good x-sim team its many fun with many user.
    Nima
  8. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    In addition to the Team X-Sim rFactor Server, a GTR2 server is also online. You can find it by clicking 'Internet' in the GTR2 main page and selecting 'Team X Sim from the list of racing servers.

:cheers:
  9. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Bernard. I'll have to check this one out as well :).
  10. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    The GTR2 server is a blast. As soon as I got online, nearly 8 others joined for a great race. Unfortunately, the GTR2 Dedicated server is consuming 100% CPU. The rFactor server performs similarly, but uses less than 5% CPU.

Unless someone knows of a fix for the GTR2 CPU utilization issue, then I will have to take it offline. However, I will replace it with a Race 07 / GTR Evolution server assuming that it performs well.
  11. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Bernard,
    the problem on rfactor is the mod megane 1.1.all ather guys drive megane 2.0
    the 1.1 is the better car but 2.2 have many more drivers.i drive many race with
    2.0 and there are up to 20 user.if i drive your server i see more driver are want
    join the game but the have not the right mod.
    bye
    Nima
  12. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Bernard,
    i have see you have change the megane in all vehicles.do you have test the megane 2.0? on this mod drive the most driver.i make any race on this mod
    i have test a server with 0 driver and in 30 min comming 20 drivers.
    wars nice racing.
  13. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Berard
    thanks for the Megane.
    Nima
  14. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
  15. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    The Team X-SIm Servers, SImXperience website and Online Profile Sharing capability of the Commander will be offline today to upgrade the connection and prepare for the creation of a geographically dispersed cluster that will improve uptime and performance.
  16. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I am considering changing the mod on the Team X-Sim server today. I have discovered some mistakes in the Megane mod that make it difficult to achieve optimal motion quality.

I am leaning toward an F1 mod such as CTPD, but I am open to suggestions for other quality mods.

Thoughts / Ideas?
  17. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    How about PCC 2007 or NAGT.
  18. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    The Team X-Sim rFactor Server will be offline for about 1 week while I shuffle some servers around and make room for a future rFactor 2 server.
  19. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi bernard,
    rfractor2 is comming but have you a date for start?
  20. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    No :(

I'm just getting prepared. I hope we can get regular Team X-Sim races in the future.