1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Team X-Sim Race 07 / GTR Evolution Dedicated Server

Discussion in 'Virtual Racing League' started by bvillersjr, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Hello all,

I decided to put up a Team X-Sim Server to see how it goes. I am currently testing some different configurations, and request that you report any and all issues / suggestions here.

You will see the server from within your game after clicking multiplayer. It is named 'Team X-Sim Server Beta' It has already held two races, and I think that most of the bugs have been worked out.

For now, only GTP cars and a few tracks are enabled.

The current tracks are:
    -Brands Hatch 07
    -Mid-Ohio VLM
    -Toban GP
    -1977 MosPort
    -Birmingham Superprix

Over the course of the next few weeks, I will be creating some league software and a website. One of the cool features of the league software is that it will provide a mechanism to automatically synchronize your cars / tracks with those of the league with only the press of a button.

Hope to see you online,

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  2. mboRacing

mboRacing Member Gold Contributor

Automatiker
    Balance:
    - 131Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Hello Bernard

Sounds realy good - and i have the first problem to log on your server; it cames the error message: Not enable. Perhabs host version is actualist-modded
    So do you have an idea whats it about? (I can log to other servers without problems...)

Regards

Martin
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I think that you not have the latest version of the Muid Ohio VLM track. The server is running version 1.01. Currently, the server is on the track Brands Hatch 07, which is a default track that comes with GTR Evolution. Could you please try connecting to it and let me know if that works out for you. Or if you are using version 1.0 of the Mid-Ohio VLM track, please update to version 1.1.

Also, please note that there are two version of the Mid-Ohio track for GTRE. One is made by James Burrows, the other by VLM. I live near the Mid-Ohio track, and find the VLM track to be more accurate, so I chose it.

Finally, if you have a home town track that you would like added, post a link to where I can download it and I can add it to the server.

Thanks for your help.

Bernard (bvillersjr)
  4. mboRacing

mboRacing Member Gold Contributor

Automatiker
    Balance:
    - 131Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Do you have a download link for this track?
  5. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I'm going to be putting some kind of Team X-Sim website up in the next couple of weeks. Till then...http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=22. You will need to get a free account at Racedepartment.com in order to download it I think.

EDIT: I should also note that the server is requiring GTP cars at the moment. The cars come with the GTR Evolution add-on for Race 07. I think it costs $13.99 USD. I did this mostly because of the fact the no one voted for Race 07, but GTR Evolution had the majority of the votes so I'm assuming that you guys want to run the cars from GTRE.
  6. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    The Team X-Sim Race 07 / GTR Evolution server is now configured for WTCC cars. The first 5 tracks in the lineup are default tracks and Nurburg / Nordschleife have been added by request.
  7. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I'd propose to give it a shot nex sunday at 21:00CET respective 3:00pm in America I guess.

I hope to see you guys there!

Regards
    Christian
  8. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Yes, 21:00CET is 3:00pm EST. I believe that I am 6 hours behind Berlin time. Hope to see everyone online for a quick race. We are running GTR Evolution of course, and the server name is 'Team X-Sim - All Welcome'. Aftwer two or more people get on the server, it sometimes fills up fast. If you are planning to race, please be there on time.

If this becomes a problem in the future, we will have to begin password-protecting the server to make sure that X-Sim racers get a spot.

@egoexpress - Should I change the server to the GTP cars? I have the X-Sim skins for the GTP Audi R8, so if we use those cars, we may be able to get a screenshot for SirNoName today?
  9. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Noone showed up for the Team X-Sim race. Actually, there seems to be no Team X-Sim at all. I am taking the server offline and using it for other purposes since it does not get used by anyone in this community besides myself.

If someone else would like to try starting some kind of X-Sim racing league let me know, I would be happy to help you. For now, I think it's too early, not enough people have their simulators ready, and there are too few members of the overall X-Sim community.

Maybe we can try again in about a year.
  10. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well that is a shame no one turned up. I have not got mine ready so that is why I could not turn up to the race.
    What happened to the big race meet on 6th June 2009. Did it go ahead?
  11. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hello Fahim,

that topic thread is outdated!

Look at the newspage for new information. The X-Sim race was success and the game server is alive. Thanks to bvillersjr!

I close that thread!

regards
    René
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.