1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

sway direction

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by Erik Middeldorp, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Erik Middeldorp

Erik Middeldorp Member

sheet metal worker
    Balance:
    606Coins
    Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I was watching this video on the Next Level Racing Traction Plus platform and am puzzled by how it is moving. If you watch as the guy enters the first left hand corner at 55:40, the platform slowly moves to the right as he enters the turn, then when understeer occurs the front of the platform quickly moves to the right. If the movement is supposed to be simulating the lateral g force, which is what I've assumed it is supposed to do, I'd think the platform should initially be moving to the left as the lateral g would then push him into the right side of the seat, same as the cornering force in real life, and only move right when he loses traction and the lateral g decreases.
    I've tried looking for other videos of 6 dof platforms showing how the sway moves in relation to what the car is doing and there are surprisingly few. This one at 10:40 shows a commercial sim moving in the same direction as the NLR platform. This one from @SilentChill most clearly shows the platform moving in the same direction he is turning, although in this older video it looks like it's moving slightly in the opposite direction.
    Which direction is correct or is it just a matter of preference?
    • Like Like x 2