1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Some basic questions before starting.

Discussion in 'XSimulator Q&A/FAQs - Outdated' started by FlyingColander, Nov 22, 2008.

1. FlyingColander

FlyingColander Member

Balance:
    643Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 2 / -0
    Hello.

I am going to try to set up my new and improved RnR this week.

I hope to be 'flying' IL2 1946.

I have a game computer and a control-server computer ready. This OS is XP Pro 32 bit.

Since a plug-in for IL2 exists, do I need Yoda and Remote Yoda, as show in the diagram below?

[​IMG]

I have downloaded: Set Up 1.6.9, Plugin Update, and the RnR USB Visual Interface driver. Do I have everything that I need to get started?

The first time I tried setting up X-Sim I got the following errors:

When trying to install the Force Profiler I got two pop ups one which hid the other.

IO.dll, Unable to extrac ser who has such permission.

Starting up....

OK

(I was signed on as Admin. The computer prompted to me to send a Microsoft error report. The CPU, AMD 64 +3200, also pegged at 100%. )

When I installed Yoda and clicked for HELP, the program hung or didn't respond.

In what order should I install the various components of X-Sim on the game computer and control computer?

Thanks for you help in advance.

Flying Colander
  2. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just to save you from pulling off your hair while struggling to capture motion data from IL2 1946:

From all I know from my research on the outputs of this game, I found out, that the creators of the game, DO have output for motion / gauge panel / telemetry data, BUT they disable all these as soon as you enter on-line game !!!!!! :thbd:
    The creators ( Oleg) claim that they did this for preventing cheating!!! :brows:

My question is: From when motion simulators are characterized as cheating means???? :eek:

I don't know if this policy changed over the last six months, but you can ask here:
    http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/2601013236

Regards, Thanos
  3. FlyingColander

FlyingColander Member

Balance:
    643Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 2 / -0
    Thanos,

I remember you posting at Pacific Fighters quite some time back asking about IL2 and its telemetry output. If I recall, the answers to you were disappointing.

I think my question still stands, however, do I need to capture these data if an IL2 plugin already exists? Do I need Yoda and Remote Yoda? By the way, I am mostly an off-line player.

Before signing off, I want to thank you for all the work and dedication you've donated to the simming community. I've admired your meticulous documentation and helpful spirit. Thank you.

Cheers,

Flying Colander
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Yoda captures Force-Feedback data, which are mostly predefined effects like gun-hits, motor stall, gun-fire effects, crashes etc.
    The plugin, in comparance, provides real game data, like plane angles, g-forces, gauge values, etc.

So in general you dont need Yoda, if a plugin for a specific game is available.
    Bust in case a special effect like gun-hits for example are not strong enough via plugin, you could mix in some FF effects additionally.

Regards
    Christian